Gibson Brands Forums

Get off my lawn!

Searcy

It's not that bad......There's only 3967 Metal genres with 28,465,037 sub-metal genres..........

None of which include "Metallica Lite"..........:-k ....

This will give you an idea as to how popular heavy metal is around here:

killer new album = zero comments:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/86789-accept-stalingrad/page__p__1192781__hl__accept__fromsearch__1#entry1192781

I didn't even see that one, sorry.

Every since demonknight was banned there is no heavy metal players on here anymore...

I went through a metal phase in high school (when the crossover came). I went back to primarily loving American rock and roll from the 50s & 60s & American punk from the 70s & early 80s. I love Motorhead's albums with Philthy nonetheless. I still listen to metal sometimes. Slayer licks are still part of my warmup exercises to this day tho! Been learning some classic Steve Harris bass lines lately now that y'all got me reflecting on it all.

Know the difference between Ronnie James Dio (RIP!) and Gene Simmons....

Metal fans don't do the Spidy thing....It's kinda stupid if you ask me....

The spidy thing is sign language for "I love you". Nothing stupid about it. [thumbup]

I don;t think sign language of any kind works to well in rock music. [blink]

Good point.

The "devil horns" is appropriate for metal and stuff....

But some people ruined the greatness of the peace sign!

I stick with my tried-and-true thumbs up!

The origin of the "devil horns" was first used to denote PAN the horned Roman god of music and really had nothing to do with the devil until the Death metal crowd and others of their ilk got hold of it.Anyway I always prefered easy listening metal music.

The origin of the "devil horns" was first used to denote PAN the horned Roman god of music and really had nothing to do with the devil until the Death metal crowd and others of their ilk got hold of it.Anyway I always prefered easy listening metal music.

Ronnie James Dio!

Archived