Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iwalktheline

Opinions on LR Bagss Undersaddle Pickup

hey guys, I just purchased a lr baggs undersaddle pickup and was just curious on your thoughts on the product. any concerns i should know of before i have it installed. i read nothing but good reviews on it, so im curious to hear your opinions. im going to have it installed on the newer hummingbird i just got. thanks

I have them stock standard on my Blues King and on my J45 Standard.

Sounds really good as long as I use a decent pre-amp. (I use a Fishman Spectrum D.I.).

If the battery bagg thingy comes unstuck from the neck block position once more, I may RIP it out. I know it is great that it doesn't put a large hole in the rim of the guitar like the barn door preamp/battery compartment ones, but it really is a nuisance trying to stick the velcro patch on through the soundhole with strings still tuned! Loosen strings - great! I have not have it happen at a gig (YET), but don't want it to! Probably just before a gig would be a Murphy's Law moment.

I really prefer the passive Fishman u/s or Martin Thinline passive - run into my Fishman Spectrum of course.

BluesKing777.

I love the sound of mine amplified on my J 45. The battery pack thing threw me for a loop as well but no biggie in the end.

I think you'll be happy with the sound.

I have the L.R. Baggs in my Hummingbird Pro and i really love the sound. So far i´ve been using mostly Fishman systems. The diffenence in my ears is, that the Baggs sounds more natural, while the fishman has a little more mids. On the other hand, the Fishmansound has a little advantage in cutting through a mix or the sound of a band. For this i think the Baggs is a little better for sologigs and the Fishman ist more suitable in a band setting.

I have a Hummingbird with the factory installed baggs system. I play it through either a Fender acoustic amp or a Fishman tower. I find that to get a natural acoustic sound I turn off or turn down all equalization, example: Low, Treble, mid, etc.

Sounds great.