Gibson Brands Forums

I think I need to get a Hummingbird TV

EuroAussie

I think it might be more along the lines of sunglasses and shoes Mojo in this exchange ... can't complain..

At last. Well done. We've all been waiting for you to take the plunge. The Thomann sample sounds really good by the way. Hope yours is just like that. Now buy Mrs EA a Cajon.

I think it might be more along the lines of sunglasses and shoes Mojo in this exchange ... can't complain..

Given the price, even after selling the SWD, I suspect you'll be looking at a lot of shoes and sunglasses, even in the designer league. And a room to put them all in. Still, PM can tell you where to get Jimmy Choos reasonably.

Given the price, even after selling the SWD, I suspect you'll be looking at a lot of shoes and sunglasses, even in the designer league. And a room to put them all in. Still, PM can tell you where to get Jimmy Choos reasonably.

It's all about Christian Louboutin's these days. A decent set of red soles though, not cheap....

It's all about Christian Louboutin's these days. A decent set of red soles though, not cheap....

It is very early (ish) here at the end of the known guitar universe, but I logged on as soon as I could to tell EA: "Stop - Don't Do It!", but.......too late?

Congratulations on the Hummingbird buying - you are always talking about them and I am not sure how you have managed NOT to buy one.

Now, the deed is almost done, but I was going to suggest going for the full vintage 1961 Gibson Hummingbird, but.... so speaking of vintage and shoes and PAYOLA for the wife from PM's replies, I shall let you in on a possibly life-changing secret. If you very, very quietly, secretly look at the link below, you will be taken to eBay list of vintage (eg. second hand, stolen or possibly deceased estate is what the girls generally think of our vintage Gibsons) Louis Vuitton handbags. $400 gift MAY get you the rights to a $5000+ Gibson. Just saying: (Any comments from the female members would be welcomed and I think you will find that they would also be very, very pleased with any of the bags on said list!

Here it is, thank me later:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=vintage+louis+vuitton+bags&_sacat=0&_odkw=Gibson+lg1+guitar&_osacat=0&_from=R40

BluesKing777.

congratulations , a) for the new purchase (extremely envious) and B) for picking a hell of a wife

i bet you cant wait to play 'angie' on it . get the camera ready for us all on monday ! i assume you're adding the appropriate icing to this cake and phoning in sick kn monday morning

are you gonna put the old pickguard bsck on the CW ?

edit: was going to fix the b ) , just found out that b then a bracket makes B) sunglasses guy . lol

am leaving him there

Yes, looking forward to doing a bit of Keef for sure. I think when she arrives Ill record the same passage that I did last week with the ol Birdie lady, to compare direct. But ill keep the pickguard on the 69', I like the way it looks right now.

I was just taking a close look at the pics and I know this was discussed some time ago, but there seems to be very little to no real estate left between the pickguard edge and soundhole. I was planning to use my Fishamn Rare Earth Blend magnetic pup, but Im not sure how I will be able to attach it given the pickguard seems to go right up to the edge of soundhole ..

http://www.thomann.de/gb/media_bdbviewer_AR_217125.html?image=7

Anybody, anybody .... Buller .. ??

congratulations , a) for the new purchase (extremely envious) and B) for picking a hell of a wife

i bet you cant wait to play 'angie' on it . get the camera ready for us all on monday ! i assume you're adding the appropriate icing to this cake and phoning in sick kn monday morning

are you gonna put the old pickguard bsck on the CW ?

edit: was going to fix the b ) , just found out that b then a bracket makes B) sunglasses guy . lol

am leaving him there

Yes, looking forward to doing a bit of Keef for sure. I think when she arrives Ill record the same passage that I did last week with the ol Birdie lady, to compare direct. But ill keep the pickguard on the 69', I like the way it looks right now.

I was just taking a close look at the pics and I know this was discussed some time ago, but there seems to be very little to no real estate left between the pickguard edge and soundhole. I was planning to use my Fishamn Rare Earth Blend magnetic pup, but Im not sure how I will be able to attach it given the pickguard seems to go right up to the edge of soundhole ..

http://www.thomann.de/gb/media_bdbviewer_AR_217125.html?image=7

Anybody, anybody .... Buller .. ??

Why can't it go right over the PG?

It might sound more "Birdy" that way....as you have demonstrated that perhaps the Bird gaurd contributes to some of the distinctive bird tone.

Because then the height of the pickup will be uneven, higher on the pickguard side and lower on the non pickguard side, hence giving different volume levels across the low and high strings.

One option might be to put a thick shim on the non pickguard side so the height is even on both sides why applying the pup ?

Why can't it go right over the PG?

It might sound more "Birdy" that way....as you have demonstrated that perhaps the Bird gaurd contributes to some of the distinctive bird tone.

Well this is one case where you can't really complain that they placed the guard wrongly. If they shifted it any further from the soundhole, it would be hanging off the bottom of the guitar. Time to invest in a microphone or even an internal mic? You're not playing arenas yet, are you?

Thanks BBG - thats the thread i was thinking of, cheers !

I think Ill do what Jeremy advised and try to place it in the middle section of the soundhole where there seems to be a bit more real estate, or as real estate agents in Sydney like to say 'a harbour glimpse' ...

Alternatively Ill install a Fishman Matrix Infinity as I have with my other guitars and run it through the Aura Spectrum which delivers a wicked, natural tone.

btw: just was advised Thomann is sending the item today, should have it Monday, whooo hooo !

ps: Del Zepnipples .... I always though it was Def Leppard ....

pps: Sorry Del, its all just a bit of fun you know that mate ... ;-)

del zepnipples talked about this before , he uses an M1 baggs , wouldnt be much different would it ?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/80223-fitting-lr-baggs-m1-to-hummingbird/

my J45 has the fishman undersaddle pup , no soundhole wheel . i miss the volume wheel and if i was gonna change i think i'd go for same as you EA. that fishman blend seems a hell of a setup , i know you have them in other gibsons , did you take a factory fitted one out to fit the rare earth blend ? wanted someone with experience of just how great / small the differene was after having heard the original one in the same guitar and able to say with certainty the difference

OK, so I installed the Fishman Matrix infinity into the Furch and it came with the AL SJ. The SWD has a Fishman prefix pro. While the J-150 just has a Fishman transducer, no volume switch, but I can still totally run it through the Aura, hence I did not remove it.

I only used the Fishman rare earth blend for the CW / Bird trannie and might use it also for the 00-15 and will definitely give it a go with the new Bird'. However I have no issue of installing the matrix into the new Bird if Im not 100% satisfied with the tone of the Rare earth blend. I have a feeling the Bird along with the SJ will become my two main gigging guitars so they of course need to have the best to to make up for lack of talent ... ;-)

my J45 has the fishman undersaddle pup , no soundhole wheel . i miss the volume wheel and if i was gonna change i think i'd go for same as you EA. that fishman blend seems a hell of a setup , i know you have them in other gibsons , did you take a factory fitted one out to fit the rare earth blend ? wanted someone with experience of just how great / small the differene was after having heard the original one in the same guitar and able to say with certainty the difference

Archived