Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ParlourMan

A wee ditty we're playing with

Here's a cheesy iPhone video fresh with double cheesy IMovie effects and transitions (the worst one I reckon) ;)

A cover of the Blackstreet song No Diggity, first rehearsal with a new guy on cajon.... Not as many lead breaks as normal, going for a slightly sombre lazy feel with it. Needs a bit of work to tighten up and get used to having the cajon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeYJSLbzy4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You might notice its not a Gibson in the video, I took the recording king to his with the intention of using it, leaving it there to use when I'm round there. So it's two small guitars and a big hairy guy with a box.

• Upvote 1

Well I definitely dug that. You guys picked the right track to use the Cajon, got a killer lazy groove going. Your singer has a great set of pipes, really impressive.

Were also considering getting a guy who plays the cajon to join us, definitely ads to the vibe. Youre lucky your singer also plays the guitar, mines too lazy ...

Good stuff PM !

Well pogue ma cajón, that was splendid, PM.

If you or EA really want dirty rather than ditties, though, perhaps you need to look beyond male players. How about booking this virtuoso, EA? Elmore James move over! I believe I'll dust my Vater brushes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-V_BTBUqo&feature=related

Haha, no my cajon guy doesn't look like that, he looks like lemmy.

I saw EA's band does some Paulo Nutini, here's one of his we did just before the one above, no plectrums and I don't know the original song. So just a chords run through. Reluctant to listen to the original so I don't try to copy it for lead/melody parts to be added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWtQBesQs4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Haha, no my cajon guy doesn't look like that, he looks like lemmy.

I saw EA's band does some Paulo Nutini, here's one of his we did just before the one above, no plectrums and I don't know the original song. So just a chords run through. Reluctant to listen to the original so I don't try to copy it for lead/melody parts to be added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWtQBesQs4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yes, he does look like Lemmy! Quite incongruent with Paulo Nutini. Can't you do an acoustic version of 'Ace of Spades' with him on vocals? Less grassy than the Hayseed Dixie version.

No, don't listen to the original of the attached song. It's thoroughly irritating. Sounded like a Clarks advert or similar. Who gives a toss about his brand new shoes? Even somebody in the trade like your mum would be thoroughly indifferent.

Something really odd happened to PN between his first and second albums, like somebody introduced him to real music or something. Or he developed taste. Or he grew up. Really a miraculous transformation, even if all the second album is a bunch of soundalikee tracks - at least they sound like quality types of classic music.

He's from my home town, I even used to get fish & chips from his family's chippy, but I've never listened to either record. I'm not a fan at all...

I only agreed to cave into my inherited foot fetish! ;) if I can get some parts that sound ok, why not? But I'm not overly sold on it, I'll see how it develops over the next couple of rehearsals.

He's from my home town, I even used to get fish & chips from his family's chippy, but I've never listened to either record. I'm not a fan at all...

I only agreed to cave into my inherited foot fetish! ;) if I can get some parts that sound ok, why not? But I'm not overly sold on it, I'll see how it develops over the next couple of rehearsals.

Do they do sauce as well? Man, Scottish fish supper. The best in the world. Despite serious challenge from Yorkshire and certain East Anglian haunts. Never had the pleasure when I was in Glasgow though. Strictly Edinburgh fish. Some things I miss. We only do fish soup here.

Do they do sauce as well? Man, Scottish fish supper. The best in the world. Despite serious challenge from Yorkshire and certain East Anglian haunts. Never had the pleasure when I was in Glasgow though. Strictly Edinburgh fish. Some things I miss. We only do fish soup here.

They do sauce! Glaswegian typical is salt & vinegar though... Apparently he worked in the shop, so I may have been served by him, it was near a club we went to, so we were regulars but it was always late and after a load of beer.

No chippy's where I am either, but I do indulge a wee bit when I go home for a few days.

Here's a cheesy iPhone video fresh with double cheesy IMovie effects and transitions (the worst one I reckon) ;)

A cover of the Blackstreet song No Diggity, first rehearsal with a new guy on cajon.... Not as many lead breaks as normal, going for a slightly sombre lazy feel with it. Needs a bit of work to tighten up and get used to having the cajon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqeYJSLbzy4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You might notice its not a Gibson in the video, I took the recording king to his with the intention of using it, leaving it there to use when I'm round there. So it's two small guitars and a big hairy guy with a box.

Well done! I like the playing and I also like the 'cheesy iMovie video effects'. Without the effects it is just a couple of dudes sitting in a bedroom or storeroom!

Many, many years ago, I played with a drummer who played washboard when I did a set of solo Dobro tunes. Cool as!

BUT, and the same with the Cajon player I think, it is only good for a few tunes before it gets a bit tired. Ignore all this if you can hire the Vater woman!

BluesKing777.

OK dude,, the reverse imaging effects really messed with my mind for a bit...lol.

After I got my head settled and figured out where everyone was sitting I was ok..lol

Sweet vibe. I would love to sit in on that. Nicely done. [thumbup]

Ignore all this if you can hire the Vater woman!

BluesKing777.

To a German who speaks some English, she will sound a very odd creature indeed.

That was awesome. banging version of a classic! Is it you singing?

No mate, had I been singing the comments on this thread wouldn't be quite as positive... I'm a terrible singer.