Gibson Brands Forums

Gunfighters and Horses

Buc McMaster

Probably won't get to do a Sunday morning coffee tune this week, so here's a Friday night Coca Cola song........ EA is soon to be the proud owner of a Hummingbird, so here ya go, sir........a little 'Bird to tide you over until next week.............

A bible's worth of words in this one but I remembered them all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTk92DAL3LI

Great song.I worked with a bloke and during conversation once he mentioned his daughter's name - "Falena".-I said to him"Are you a Marty Robbins fan?"...He just grinned and said "Too right mate".

I think he used to play a very small Martin Terz size guitar....Marty Robbins that is, not the guy from work [unsure]

Good job as usual Buc .... you have a good range to hit those Marty Robbins high notes.

Coke in a bottle gives you that burn that you don't get from a glass or can.

About Feleena's life:

Buc, great version of a Marty Robbins classic.

I've always loved this song. It was a huge hit when I was 12 or 13, and I knew every single word, although I'd need some prompting now on some of the lines.

Sometimes, I still break into this song at odd times, and my wife looks at me like I'm completely mad, especially since it's such a long a complicated song with a whole bunch of words in it. It's a complete ballad, and follows the form of a lot of traditional ballads in both subject matter and structure.

The original version has those wonderful, subtle multi-part harmonies that I associate with groups like the Sons of the Pioneers, who are also personal favorites.

You can't go wrong with a good cowboy ballad, and this one's a great one.

Archived