Gibson Brands Forums

Trip to the guitar shop

Motherofpearl

I'm out of town and since I don't live by a music store I went to long and mcquade which is Canadas Gibson retailer.

I played an sj200 tv which didn't have the tone I expected wasn't alive at all. Played 2 j45 customs which were great

J45 tv which we all know is a great guitar but 2 guitars that I've never had a chance to play before really stood out above the others. They were swd custom and a honkeytonk deuce. Both rosewood which ive never played on a Gibson till now. I really want that deuce my question is does anyone have one and how are they plugged in? Im gassing big time for one of these

You have to really test the Guitars out up here.. theres not a very good selection to choose from when most stores only carry one or two of each.. I havent been to impressed with many of the newer Gibsons.. one being the Pickup, I havent figured out why every one has to have a pickup in it. unless you buy a TV Model.. for a additional 1000.00 bucks what a Joke.... most New Gibson acoustics ive played sound dead.. it will take a few trys to find what you like..

Ive kinda lost my interest in Gibson .. they are very inconsistant... besides,, I seem to think we get the Left over Non sellers from somewhere else up here... I can think of other guitars to dump 3 grand on.. and be way happier..

Archived