Gibson Brands Forums

All my Children

JAC

Which is your favorite?

The Pro Junior is very special! Small amp very loud! I've played with other big amps around and, still never had to dime it! We're playing in a small room though. I dig all of them. Right now I'm into the low watt thing. The only one I had that was not cutting it was my Epiphone VJ and I got rid of it. It had an awful hum. The rest of all you see in the picture are all very clean. The Blackstar HT-1 replaced the VJ! I've been loving that one since I got it last Friday. I still don't have a Marshall but, I may someday! By the way, the one I've had the longest is the Sunn alpha 112r in the back row, on the left next to the big 45 watt Fender Super Reverb. I got the Sunn new in 1979, it is the only solid state amp in the photo.

To answer your questions. Yes it is a 1979 Sunn alpha 112r. Yes the other one to the right of the Sunn is a 1976 silverface Super Reverb. The SR is a 45 watter with rectifier tube and, the boost master volume. To the gent who is looking for a Sunn alpha 112r, good luck! There use to be a Sunn Forum but, last time I tried to go there it warned me about it possibly harming my computer (possible viruses?) Conrad Sundholm (of former Sunn) has a company were he makes amps. The one amp he has made that I consider extraordinary is the Blues Jammer. Condrad has had health issues. I'll have to try to find out how he is doing, or if he is still around. I hope he is doing better! I've had the Sunn since I purchased it new in Fullerton, California back in 1979. I'm glad I got it but, I kick myself in the *** now for not buying a Deluxe Reverb back then, when I worked at CBS Musical Instruments! I was able to get it for 40% off list from employee sales back then. I did buy a 1978 Mustang, which I still have today. I also got two acoustics an F35 and, and F15. I sold the F35 and I gave the F15 to my sister as a present for some occasion.

Archived