Gibson Brands Forums

masterbilt serial numbers

dr500mns

--0906170257-----09 is (2009) 06 is June ...17 is the number used for China ....0257 means the 257th guitar made--- So Your guitar was made on June of 2009, and was the 257th guitar made. And it was manufactured in China. Your friends guitar which starts in G was made at an earlier time, since that time the serial numbers all begin with the YEAR number and consists of entirely numbers an no letters like yours. I am not sure how to read your friends guitar, but your guitar is as above.

• Like 1

What Epiphones do you play ?

After playing The masterbilts i don't want anything else .

Sure theres more expensive guitars but for me if it plays nice and its made from quality woods.

I'm very happy with the quality of workmanship and the way they sound it's awesome.

What Epiphones do you play ?

After playing The masterbilts i don't want anything else .

Sure theres more expensive guitars but for me if it plays nice and its made from quality woods.

I'm very happy with the quality of workmanship and the way they sound it's awesome.

You are most welcome!! I also own a Masterbuilt AJ-500R ...that is the round top jumbo rosewood masterbuilt. I love it. I am considering selling my Taylor and one or two others because after playing my Masterbuilt, I realize that Taylor and Martin and Gibson are kind of a waste of money, as far as I'm concerned. To me..NO GUITAR is worth $2000 to $3000 dollars, no matter what they sound like, or look like. Masterbuilt was a guitar worth it's cost. I suppose that is why they have been put out of production.

I'm looking for the AJ500 r myself.

I also like the ef 500 ar i think it's called.

I just dig the Masterbilt collection.

Played like 40 guitars and just fell in love with the sound and feel of the Dr series.

Awesome guitars.

I'm looking for the AJ500 r myself.

I also like the ef 500 ar i think it's called.

I just dig the Masterbilt collection.

Played like 40 guitars and just fell in love with the sound and feel of the Dr series.

Awesome guitars.

Yes you can't beat the Dreadnought!! A great choice for almost anyone. And the sold woods make it a real deal! enjoy it!

Today a cat.

Not one who knows were its at but a cat non the less.

He made the call to Gibson.

And found that T's Dr 500 rns.

is born Feb of 2005.

She will be joining the forum this week.

She'll be posting pictures of our guitars .

I being of strong back and weak mind am not so computer friendly as she.

So now i will be selling my AW 20 asnt 1201 & i will find a AJ 500 r or m.

A sun set to remember tonight here in the Desert Southwest.

Goodnight

Today a cat.

Not one who knows were its at but a cat non the less.

He made the call to Gibson.

And found that T's Dr 500 rns.

is born Feb of 2005.

She will be joining the forum this week.

She'll be posting pictures of our guitars .

I being of strong back and weak mind am not so computer friendly as she.

So now i will be selling my AW 20 asnt 1201 & i will find a AJ 500 r or m.

A sun set to remember tonight here in the Desert Southwest.

Goodnight

You can still find an a new AJ500M(mahoghany) at Guitar Center for $499 including shipping and tax. The AJ500R(Rosewood) appears to be sold out nation wide although you might find a private owner selling one, but most people are holding on to theirs as they are out of production and can not be replaced. The AJ500M has great reviews and when they are gone..they are gone. Good luck! Get it while you can.

• 8 years later...

I have an Epiphone Masterbuilt DR-500 RANGH

I am trying to decipher what the letters mean and the year made.

It's a Dreadnought, Rosewood back and sides, Gold hardware, I think the top is Spruce but it could be Adirondack, nat. satin finish.

Serial number stamped on the neck block inside is 0309210043 and on the label it is G0100043.

If anyone knows anything about these guitars please send me some info. It's an absolute cannon and sounds awesome!

2 hours ago, MasterB said:

I have an Epiphone Masterbuilt DR-500 RANGH

I am trying to decipher what the letters mean and the year made.

It's a Dreadnought, Rosewood back and sides, Gold hardware, I think the top is Spruce but it could be Adirondack, nat. satin finish.

Serial number stamped on the neck block inside is 0309210043 and on the label it is G0100043.

If anyone knows anything about these guitars please send me some info. It's an absolute cannon and sounds awesome!

I believe RANGH stands for Rosewood back and sides, Abalone binding, Natural top, Gold Hardware. 

Beautiful guitar. The early Masterbilts (those made in the first few years of the modern line, like yours) were exceptionally well made.

Red 333

• 2 years later...