Gibson Brands Forums

Oasis Case Humidifier Question

sundown08

Hi Everyone:

I am the proud owner of a 2009 ES335. I live in the high desert of Southern California which has a VERY dry climate to say the least! Right now the humidity is 23%! It is not unusual to get humidity levels in the teens. I have a Taylor 816ce acoustic and keep an Oasis case humidifier in the case which maintains a 40 - 45% RH. My question is would it hurt to put an in case humidifier in my 335 case? My concern is the silk cover in the case keeping the moisture too concentrated within the case.

I would hate for my 335 to have fret problems or cracking because I did not keep the moisture level up.

Any comment would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Steve

Where I'm at the winter months are very dry and I use Oasis in my ES359 case. I've had no problems and use a small digital hygrometer to keep track of the in case RH. If you leave your ES cased for days at a time I would recommend opening the case at least once a week to check the guitar and the case environment.

Hi All:

Thanks so much for the replies. I am going to go ahead and put one in the case and see how it does. I will keep a close eye on it. I also have a RH meter which I will put in the case to monitor the RH.

Regards,

Steve

Archived