Gibson Brands Forums

Tronical Tune

niemepet

That works out to $450.00 Very nice. Extremely fast. I want one for my Firebird with the banjo tuners. If my 1st Run Robot breaks again I can replace the whole thing with one of these.

I noticed that the Fender model did not seem to 'tune' very well. I could hear sharps and flats on my youtube video.

I know what to put on my Christmas list.

I guess Tronical is blowing smoke up our backends! Since I registered interest months ago, I have heard nothing. Seems like I mentioned replacing my tuning system on my Robot and they ignored me. I also told them I was interested in installing on a regular LP.

At Namm they said summer of 2013

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just found out the TronicTune has the same tuning limitations as the 1st Gen robots. Only three 1/2 steps from standard tuning. I do custom tunings for slide and I need 3 steps or six 1/2 steps from standard. Solution? Buy a NEW Gibson 1012 Les Paul Robot Limited. MRSP $2999.99--- Price drop from $1600 to $1150 then 15% off. Musicians Friend price $970.00 Just add extended 2 year warranty and I am set to tour. So for $500 more than the TronicTune, I finally get what I need PLUS Chameleon Tone PLUS RIP interface PLUS free expedited shipping PLUS no tax. All for under a Grand [thumbup]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered a Tronical tune kit in Feb. and received it two weeks ago from Germany. I installed it into my 09 SG took about 30 minutes and works great. You have to download the user instructions, all it comes with are the install directions. Works great, looks like it was factory installed. From the front looks like the original tuners are still installed.

For the nay sayers that respond that they can tune their own guitars all I can say is it is a joy to be able to change tunings quickly and accurately , have 1 guitar in your hands instead of carrying 3 to a gig.

I ordered a Tronical tune kit in Feb. and received it two weeks ago from Germany. I installed it into my 09 SG took about 30 minutes and works great. You have to download the user instructions, all it comes with are the install directions. Works great, looks like it was factory installed. From the front looks like the original tuners are still installed.

For the nay sayers that respond that they can tune their own guitars all I can say is it is a joy to be able to change tunings quickly and accurately , have 1 guitar in your hands instead of carrying 3 to a gig.

Hi, I totally agree. I play slide in 3 tunings and fingerpick in two more + a custom slide tuning. My 2012 Robot Les Paul rocks, BUT I want to up grade my 2008 robot to have a spare, so bringing 2 Robot guitars = 12 Robot guitars at a gig for me. I have a question for you. Was your SG a regular OR a Robot SG originally? The Robots SG's were excessively top heavy, my Robot Les Paul would be parallel to the ground if I released my grip. With the new install is the SG still top heavy? I guess what I am asking is, does the Minetune system weigh as much as the 6 old tuners? If it weighs more then it would be top heavy, right? Thanks Klaus

• 5 months later...

I ordered mine on 10/6/2013 from Tronical. The template for my 2008 metallic red Robot was "B" template. You have to match the template to your guitar. Not all Gibsons are the same hole spacing. The templates are downloadable from their site and you need to print them to 100% or full size. Many guitar makes can be ordered. Fender, Taylor, Ibanez, etc.. Cost depends on your make and model and type of pegs ordered. (Marble, Gold or Chrome) 2 weeks for marble 5 weeks for Gold or Chrome.

I ordered mine on 10/6/2013 from Tronical. The template for my 2008 metallic red Robot was "B" template. You have to match the template to your guitar. Not all Gibsons are the same hole spacing. The templates are downloadable from their site and you need to print them to 100% or full size. Many guitar makes can be ordered. Fender, Taylor, Ibanez, etc.. Cost depends on your make and model and type of pegs ordered. (Marble, Gold or Chrome) 2 weeks for marble 5 weeks for Gold or Chrome.

What is the warranty?

Hi, I ordered a etune system and my delivery is being held up until I pay $37.35 . Did you have a customs charge of $37.35

on your order, to the states through DPD shipping?

UPDATE: Got shot down by custom fees yesterday from Germany. So I canceled my Etune order with Tronical -Germany. Reordered from Canada with extra battery and chrome tuners with free shipping (For next 2 weeks to match Germany). It was cheaper /no custom fees(9%)/ warranty doubled from one year to 2 (they accept VISA who doubles the warranty)/gets here in 3-4 days and not 2-3 weeks MOST IMPORTANT- I don't have to ship it to Germany to repair or replace it as the German warranty is not covered by the dealer in Canada . Great product, great price and great warranty. My day just went from lemons to lemonade If interested in this kind of killer deal, call Mason here at 416-222-8222. knowledgeable guy. [thumbup]

UPDATE: Got shot down by custom fees yesterday from Germany. So I canceled my Etune order with Tronical -Germany. Reordered from Canada with extra battery and chrome tuners with free shipping (For next 2 weeks to match Germany). It was cheaper /no custom fees(9%)/ warranty doubled from one year to 2 (they accept VISA who doubles the warranty)/gets here in 3-4 days and not 2-3 weeks MOST IMPORTANT- I don't have to ship it to Germany to repair or replace it as the German warranty is not covered by the dealer in Canada . Great product, great price and great warranty. My day just went from lemons to lemonade If interested in this kind of killer deal, call Mason here at 416-222-8222. knowledgeable guy. [thumbup]

Didn't have to pay customs. Someone responded about the warranty on Tronical FB page and said the warranty was 3 years. Let us know when you receive it and how you like it. The turn ratio by hand is very fine and at first I thought the pegs weren't turning the winding post. You do not pull the pegs like the old Robot tuners, just turn as is. I strung up with the string up function using the up and down arrows. Manual tuning on the base side is reverse from the normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't have to pay customs. Someone responded about the warranty on Tronical FB page and said the warranty was 3 years. Let us know when you receive it and how you like it. The turn ratio by hand is very fine and at first I thought the pegs weren't turning the winding post. You do not pull the pegs like the old Robot tuners, just turn as is. I strung up with the string up function using the up and down arrows. Manual tuning on the base side is reverse from the normal.

Apparently, if your address is NYC, customs are alerted. Did you sell you 1st gen robot parts or are you keeping them?

Archived