Gibson Brands Forums

Transforming Epiphones

rednefceleb

Epiphone guitars that cost around $400 and up are all very 'playable'. I don't have the money for collecting $2500.00 guitars anymore. Finding Epiphone "replicas" has solved my problem.

I know whatcha about not having money for guitars selling for 2gs or more.

My income is about what a guy with more energy than me would get for picking up aluminum cans. I did scrouge up cash for a Cherry Red Dot.

I have a Recording King acoustic too. RK was an American brand at some vague time before I was born, although this one is Chinese, but what isn't these daze?

Rafael

Based on my personnal experience, Epiphone can indeed be very playable instrument provided they are properly setup.

The problem with cheap mass produced instrument is they often lack a proper setup and gives wrong impression of being unplayable.

A nice Epiphone with a proper setup and some reasonable upgrades can get the player in the ballpark.

It will never get the prestige or the resale value of a Gibson but for the working class hero it is a very affordable tool.

I would love to afford a Gibson ES 335 and obviously to keep it stock, but since I am not earning from playing music, my cheap upgraded Sheraton II serves the purpose very well at 1/4 of the price.

Archived