Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie Needs board help! please

4hsmen

Quick intro, 50 years old and never learn how to play very well. Have not given up just telling how it is. That has not stopped me from having a wonderful collection of guitars. Sinful but anyway.

I have a question about my guitar I'd like to sell. I am unable to get a ballpark opinion on pricing. I was hoping you guys give give me some honest info.

It's just a 1950 les paul reissue gold top. That should not be a biggie but it came factory with the P90 pickups. I have heard there are few of them, limited number, you name it. I don't know what to believe. I do know I don't and have never played it. Still in the box. What would you guys sell it for. And does it matter that it's a 50s with P90? I cannot find a few anywhere to compare prices.

Thanks so much for any help.

Can't be a 1950 RI, the Gibson Les Paul guitar came out in 1952.

Which model with 90s is it? .- 52 RI, 56 RI, 57 RI, 50s Tribute . . . .

You can email the serial number to Gibson and they can tell you - service@gibson.com

Possibly a Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's tribute with P-90's? If so, the original price on them was $850, and early on they were very desirable, selling upwards of $1,200 on the bay because they sold out so quick. They are starting to pop up on the local Craigslist for $800 to $850 though (gold top and honey burst).

Thank you guys, my fault it is a 1950s tribute gold top with p90s. made in 2010

I'll post pics and serial when I get home.

I'm just trying to price and see many 50s with humbuckers and lots of 60s. Just wondering why they changed from P90s and if it should sell for more. Looking for only a far price if I sell it. When I Google not any with that combo came up for sale.

JDKustoms mentions $800 to $850 on Craigslist.

I took a look at fleaBay completed listings, they range $660 to $875 - http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=gibson%20les%20paul%2050s%20tribute&_dmpt=Guitar&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Yes, CL & Ebay "asking" prices, and what they actually sell for are often two very different things. Some people go the route of over pricing, and negotiating down to squeeze that last dollar, others price things fairly, and usually, but not always, sell their items quick without much negotiation, if any.

Archived