Gibson Brands Forums

Sharp edge on binding

fretter

I just got this guitar, I love everything about it except the sharp edge on binding around the body. My right arm gets chafed on it. Anyone have this going on with their Traditionals?

IMG_5283.jpg

Nope, but it is an easy fix! Just take a razor blade and scrape (not cut) it around the edge in one smooth motion. That will knock the edge off. Or you can use sand paper. Just go light...you can always take away material, but you cannot add it back!

Nope, but it is an easy fix! Just take a razor blade and scrape (not cut) it around the edge in one smooth motion. That will knock the edge off. Or you can use sand paper. Just go light...you can always take away material, but you cannot add it back!

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I didn't think it was suppose to be that way, none my guitars are like that. I did think about sanding but wasn't sure about warranty issues.

LOVING that worn brown fella! Great choice, and the one I will be going for L/H of course, sorry to hear aboout the sharp edged binding, hope you sort it.

Just called customer service and they told me to take it an authorized repair shop. The closet one to me is about 40 miles of gruelling Southern California traffic away. [cursing] I may just take the chance and sand it myself. [unsure]

Other than that irritating sharp edge, this a great guitar! Those 57s and the full mahagony give this guitar a very rich sound, clean or dirty. Growls, barks and screams like my wife whenever I bring home yet another guitar. Bet you're going to love yours when you get it.

Archived