Gibson Brands Forums

L5-S

Steven Tari

Been a while fella's. Just wanted to stop by and say hey. I'm getting a new guitar built and should have it in my hands in the next couple weeks.The year I was graduating high school I was looking at Going to Viet Namm and Updating my equipment from my Kalamazoo guitar and amp. I didn't have much money, So I ended up with a new amp that had just came out ,Peavey. A 4/12 cab with Musician 400 head. My guitar was a Epiphone Dot. My dream guitar that I wanted so bad was the New Gibson L5-S. It just came out and I had a friend that could afford one. He played it in the studio, backing up other musicians .Man that was a fine guitar in looks and Tone. Then Gibson had problems selling them. They were high dollar guitars, But made for the Studio instead of stage. But instead of fixing the problem they just shelved a fine looking and sounding guitar.Most of Y'all that know me Know that I try not to buy off the wall anymore. So the new L5-s that I just got built is all Mahogany, With Rosewood accents on Body and Neck. I'm getting it wired the same But have my favorite P-90's on board. I should get my favorite tones. low and melting with the P-90's and Total mahogany guitar. I'll post pictures Like last time on the other one I had built as soon as they come in. // LATER // Steven

Is Gibson building it or a luthier?

I had a Fender licensed company Build it for me. They build from scratch of any tone wood you want. Or any design you can come up with, Neck and Body. I was happy as hell when I found out they did the L5-s. I always wanted one but the newspapers and some of the mag. of the time I was Graduating in High School scared off sales till Gibson Shelved it. Warmth guitar building is the name of the place. Never owned one but if I was into fenders it would be my no 1 place to have my guitars built. You just have to put it together. Right now with all the construction going on in my house I sent it to Jay Wolfe in FL' to get his Luthier Jan to put it together for me.

I also left a nice note to Henry about bringing back these fine Axes on Gibson President talk. I think it would be a fine Gibson guitar back on the racks.

Archived