Gibson Brands Forums

Robbin Crosby Reverse firebird re-issue

oldschoold

Hi, I'm hoping to generate some interest in the revival of a guitar model that Ratt's Robbin Crosby played back in the 80's. The model hade a Gibson Firebird body and a Jackson reverse neck, not sure on the pickups. Some models had a Floyd Rose Tremolo and there were some interesting Japanese graphics on a couple of them also. One was known as "Catfish". I hope that some of you remember these guitars and have an interest in seeing it brought back by either Gibson, Jackson, or a collaboration of both companies. I included an attachment photo of the one called "Dragon" if you've never seen any of these guitars. Looking forward to to your feedback.post-43957-076611900 1337345708_thumb.jpg

I remember him playing those in some videos. I don't think I've seen that one in particular. Pretty cool though. Even they did put out a model, it would probably be on the cheaper side of $500. Which then would not be like his exactly, as I'm sure his has an OFR and other appointments from being a custom build.

Marvar, I want to thank you for the website that you gave me. Their reproductions look real good for the money. I looked for these guitars online, and any that are left are of course ridiculously priced. Unfortunately there is no interest from either Gibson or Jackson to get together on this model, so you gave me an excellent option. How did you here about this company, and have you ever ordered from them?

Marvar, I want to thank you for the website that you gave me. Their reproductions look real good for the money. I looked for these guitars online, and any that are left are of course ridiculously priced. Unfortunately there is no interest from either Gibson or Jackson to get together on this model, so you gave me an excellent option. How did you here about this company, and have you ever ordered from them?

You are welcome-

Hey, I just googled Robin Crosby's guitars, and it was one of the sites that came up-

No, I've never heard of them, or delt with them.

BTW, did you know that the King V was designed after one of Robins other guitars?

You are welcome-

Hey, I just googled Robin Crosby's guitars, and it was one of the sites that came up-

No, I've never heard of them, or delt with them.

BTW, did you know that the King V was designed after one of Robins other guitars?

Marvar, I knew about the Jackson King V being Crosby's creation, but it seems that alot of people aren't aware of where the "King" in King V came from unfortunately.

Kerry King gets that credit accidently in many cases. Jackson should bring back the "Big Red" model to clear that up!

• 9 months later...

Hi, I'm hoping to generate some interest in the revival of a guitar model that Ratt's Robbin Crosby played back in the 80's. The model hade a Gibson Firebird body and a Jackson reverse neck, not sure on the pickups. Some models had a Floyd Rose Tremolo and there were some interesting Japanese graphics on a couple of them also. One was known as "Catfish". I hope that some of you remember these guitars and have an interest in seeing it brought back by either Gibson, Jackson, or a collaboration of both companies. I included an attachment photo of the one called "Dragon" if you've never seen any of these guitars. Looking forward to to your feedback.post-43957-076611900 1337345708_thumb.jpg

Those of us growing up loving the music and Robbin shredding on these amazing guitars just doesn't hold a market for Jackson I'm sorry to say. Most of Robbins Firebirds can be seen at robbincrosby.net if you didn't know about it. Catfish by far is my favorite of all. I became so obsessed with Catfish that I spent the better part of a year building a replica with a little help from a luthier who crafted the body and a chum who did the paint/artwork. I'll upload a pic of my replica.

A comeback of these guitars would be cool but I really don't see that happening.

post-54027-051731900 1362205473_thumb.jpg

Archived