Gibson Brands Forums

So this is what's come down to?

Riffster

What a chickensh!t move, Bill Ward was removed from the Black Sabbath pics on their website,

See for yourself, how ridiculous and stupid not to mention incredibly disrespectful to fans.

This is one of my all-time favorite bands and they are embarrassing themselves.

blacksabbath.com

The whole band has to be wealthy beyond belief and now clear headed and sober too. I don't understand why they cannot cut Bill Ward a respectable contract. So angering for a situation that has zero effect on me.

One of the classic British bands that I just could never get into, tried and tried but no way Hosay. I think it was Ozzy [scared] that put me of for some strange reason but I do like Mr Iommi he is a fine metal mother [biggrin] and hope hes back to full strength soon. [thumbup]

I was just reading an article about this ugly turn of events. In the comment section, somebody referred to Black Sabbath as "Back Stabbath".

Under no circumstance should Bill Ward be edited out of Black Sabbath pictures. Especially not on the band's main website. That is about as low-down and childish as it gets. I hope we find out who is really behind the move.

It's disappointing to find out how petty musicians are. The spat between JJ Cale and Clapton over who wrote the Cocaine riff, Beck and Page over Becks Bolero, Graham Nash threatening to leave CSN if they didn't record Marrakesh Express. They might be musically gifted, but they are lacking in other areas.

....meanwhile....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g64wMOXl99Q

It's disappointing to find out how petty musicians are. The spat between JJ Cale and Clapton over who wrote the Cocaine riff, Beck and Page over Becks Bolero, Graham Nash threatening to leave CSN if they didn't record Marrakesh Express. They might be musically gifted, but they are lacking in other areas.

....meanwhile....

What do you mean? It's not specific to musicians. There are big ego's and petty minded people in all professions. It's the ugly side of human nature at work. This move is particularly petty though. I bet whoever made the final decision to edit Bill Ward out of the website pictures is regretting it now....or soon will be.

I kind of understand Bill Wards position, but without being able to read everyone's contract it's hard to take sides. If I were him I'd take the bad contract, say I did it for the fans and come out smelling like a rose and looking like the hero. Now he just seems petty and money hungry, even if that's not the case.

....meanwhile....

And funny enough is, most of thier riffs are stolen from old delta bluesmen!!

And funny enough is, most of thier riffs are stolen from old delta bluesmen!!

Yeah, I remember when I heard Robert Johnson do the "Iron Man" riff for the first time. It was an eyeopener. And to hear Muddy Waters rip that "Megalomania" riff on his red Tele back in the day. When Willie Dixon first laid down the tracks for "Sweet Leaf", that was RAW!! :rolleyes:

Sabbath may have started off as a Blues band, but except for the heavy use of the flatted fifth, there's very little to tie them to that genre. It could be said that some of the riffs off of their first album are blues likes (the Wizard comes to mind) and that Toni like the blues scale, but "most of thier riffs are stolen from old delta bluesmen" couldn't be farther from the truth. They're not Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin.

Found this on the "news" section of their site:

"Black Sabbath/Bill Ward Photo Statement

At the request of Bill Ward, through his attorney, so as to not give the public the wrong impression about his involvement in the current Black Sabbath lineup, we have temporarily removed Bill Ward's images from the main pages of the blacksabbath.com official website. In accordance with Bill Ward's attorney's request, we are doing so for the duration of the forthcoming shows. - BLACK SABBATH"

What on paper looked a good idea now seems to be just a complete and utter shambles.In this case without all four original members it just isn,t Sabbath so the black sabbath convayor belt will continue. #-o](*,) Lifes to short,just get up there and play before like many others one of you acctualy dies then it realy is to late. That was a collective comment and not specific to anybody. [biggrin]

Yeah, I remember when I heard Robert Johnson do the "Iron Man" riff for the first time. It was an eyeopener. And to hear Muddy Waters rip that "Megalomania" riff on his red Tele back in the day. When Willie Dixon first laid down the tracks for "Sweet Leaf", that was RAW!! :rolleyes:

Sabbath may have started off as a Blues band, but except for the heavy use of the flatted fifth, there's very little to tie them to that genre. It could be said that some of the riffs off of their first album are blues likes (the Wizard comes to mind) and that Toni like the blues scale, but "most of thier riffs are stolen from old delta bluesmen" couldn't be farther from the truth. They're not Aerosmith or Led Zeppelin.

uummm did ya read my post, I wasn't talking about sabbath. I was refering to all the idiots sueing each other about so in so stealing their riff, clapton the stones etc etc

uummm did ya read my post, I wasn't talking about sabbath. I was refering to all the idiots sueing each other about so in so stealing their riff, clapton the stones etc etc

oops, I read it alright, I just misread it. Sorry about that.

What on paper looked a good idea now seems to be just a complete and utter shambles.In this case without all four original members it just isn,t Sabbath so the black sabbath convayor belt will continue. #-o](*,) Lifes to short,just get up there and play before like many others one of you acctualy dies then it realy is to late. That was a collective comment and not specific to anybody. [biggrin]

It took a life threatening illness before Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker could see your point. Take a lesson from the guys that invented Riff Rock*, get over yourselves.

*Figuratively speaking, I'm sure there are examples of Riff Rock recorded before Fresh Cream.

Archived