Gibson Brands Forums

Thought for the day

onewilyfool

One of the main resons I come to the Gibson Forum, is the fine folks who gather here. There is a lot of humor (humour for our Brit friends) comraderie, great wealth of knowledge about Gibsons...just a great place to hang out as I pass through here almost every day. Somehow, through support (read enabling) from this fine group, I've managed to trade or buy 5 Gibsons, which I love dearly for their history and variety of sounds. Also, I have a few non-Gibsons I've posted, sharing with the group, which have been received well as all true guitar lovers will rise to the occasion to congratulate. Also, in a vicarious way, I almost get as excited for NGD's of other members as I do for myself. Not to mention the fine guitar performances of so many of the players here! It has just been a wonderful experience hanging with you gals and guys, and I thought I'd say so!

I agree, Wily. This place is easy to hang-around. Very little tension on this forum. Far different than some other forums. I think the ready acceptance of non-Gibson instruments as topics for "positive" discussion helps people who don't own a Gibson yet to relax and not feel they have to be defensive. I could be wrong, but in my view I believe another guitar forum which was reknowned for arguments has taken a more easy-going attitude about various guitar brands and the atmosphere of that guitar forum is now far-more relaxed. People on that forum have commented at times about how little unrest there is in this forum. Maybe it's contagious......Anyway, I enjoy coming here primarily because I really like Gibsons, and equally important, I like the people who frequent this forum. It's a good combination. [thumbup]

Being a mature fellow I used to look down my nose at people who seemed to be addicted to Facebook.Only to find myself becoming somewhat addicted to this joint.

It could do with a few more threads discussing intonation problems on the 8th Fret though [unsure]

Archived