Gibson Brands Forums

Authentic Gibson Bridge?

Maestro Vibratoer

If you can post pictures, that would be helpful. Chances are, it is original.

Hi Bob, here are a couple of photos. There is a small "PW" on the underside (planed waves?). Thanks, Oliver. If it's not original, I wanted to find out what the appropriate part might be, for a replacement. Thanks againpost-3590-030867000 1337631319_thumb.jpg

post-3590-098149300 1337631358_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob, here are a couple of photos. There is a small "PW" on the underside (planed waves?). Thanks, Oliver. If it's not original, I wanted to find out what the appropriate part might be, for a replacement. Thanks againpost-3590-030867000 1337631319_thumb.jpg

Planet Waves does not make guitar hardware other than tuners(mechanisms) and they are easily indentified by the logo.

I have 2 Gibsons which came with "PW" hardware as well, so it's authentic.

I'm assuming PW stands for Ping Works, which is the Chinese subdivision of Gotoh Japan...

Rich, thank you, thank you, thank you. I plan on selling the guitar and want to make sure everything on it, is original. Evidently Gibson has had several different manufacturers doing their parts for some years now. I mistakenly thought that they were still doing all of their own bridges. Shows you what I know. Keep up the good work.

Oliver

Rich, thank you, thank you, thank you. I plan on selling the guitar and want to make sure everything on it, is original. Evidently Gibson has had several different manufacturers doing their parts for some years now. I mistakenly thought that they were still doing all of their own bridges. Shows you what I know. Keep up the good work.

Oliver

Glad to help Oliver, good luck with the sale.

FWIW. Don't question the MIC moniker. The Ping Works hardware, whether stock or aftermarket, is pretty good considering the price. It comes stock on some Fenders as well(relabeled)

Archived