Gibson Brands Forums

Explorer room problem

CeeJay

Since my last topic i ran into a new issue, do explorers really have enough room to put the switch where the neck volume was?

I like explorers better with just two shafts and the switch where the volume should be, so can I do this?

there's a place for at least a pot there,so a toggle switch should fit.If the original gibson switch doesn't,smaller ones are available at low price.I bet you have a soldering iron and know how to use it?!

there's a place for at least a pot there,so a toggle switch should fit.If the original gibson switch doesn't,smaller ones are available at low price.I bet you have a soldering iron and know how to use it?!

Indeed I have one and I do know how to use it.

There is room, I did it with my 76 Explorer. You will have to ream out the hole just a hair tho.

5-13-124.jpg

Just one thing i forgot to ask. where did you get the pick guard with no toggle switch hole? did you make it by yourself?

• 1 month later...

Hey VeeMan.

That is a great looking Explorer, and great photo at that rate!

I wanted to ask you if you did the electronics with the push-pull pots to have a tone control along with volume on both Humbuckers, or exactly what the two pots are set up to control?

I want to do a wiring set-up of an in series but to have a tone pot on each pick-up like a les Paul...was contemplating using a router to enlarge the cavity in back to accept a 4th pot but then I stumbled onto a page on Jimmy Page's #1 and #2 1959 Les Pauls' specs with push-pull pots.

I dont know if these can be set up for a volume/tone per pot yet, but now I know they exist I was curious if thats what you did in relocating your selector switch?

Thanks.

Archived