Gibson Brands Forums

New SG

Fret

Just picked up a new SG Standard today, not sure what they call the colour though, dark Cherry looks the closest, but it doesnt appear to be listed on here, its a 2011 model, but has nothing on the trust plate, all the others I looked at had either standard or SG, is it usual to have a blank truss plate?

Hi there congratulations on your new SG. The colour of yours is called Aged Cherry where as the lighter cherry you mostly see around is called Heritage Cherry. It is a limited run colour which Gibson reintroduce now and again. Its a shame as its a fantastic shade of cherry i wish they would also use on other models in the range such as the 61RI.

Also some have SG written on the truss rod cover and some don't depending on the model or a previous owner changing it ifs a used model.

Please post some pics so we can see it

Cheers :)

aged cherry, ah I see, thanks very much, yes I`ll try to get some pictures sorted out, its a nice guitar, last time I had an SG as in the 60`s they called them SG 200`s in those days

If you get a chance, post some pictures. We would love to see your new SG.

cheers mate, yes I need to get them all out in the garden and take some family photos, lol

if it looks like this - it's aged cherry

SGStandard2012.jpg

yes thats it exactly cheers mate, what year is yours, and just a question, why is the bridge pup set at an angle?

it's brand new!! (Hoo RAH!!!)

was delivered from sweetwater a week and a half ago.

it's the Shiznitz!

they rock don't they!!

Bridge pickup angled? hmm, maybe you are seeing that it that way cause the bridge is angled. looks like my other SG and my two LP standards..

so not sure what you are seeing..

Sorry can`t actually see it on yours, my bridge pup is angled, not come across this before although I have seen it a few times, I`m just presuming all SG`s are angled now?

But yes an impressive axe and a nice change for me, apart from the Les paul, I also use an EVH Wolfgang, A 7V wh signiture Vai Jem, a BDK Jem and an ESP, just been looking at the DC 59 reissues Danelectros, might treat myself again before the cash runs out \:D/ I`m spending the kids inheritence at the moment [thumbup]

Do you mean the bridge with respect to the bridge pickup? All ABR-1 bridges are angled to help intonation...I think it's 2 degrees.

That aged cherry looks very elegant over the heritage cherry...but I like both colors. [thumbup]

yes thats it, thanks mate I wondered. I introduced it to the neighbours last night via the 100 watt Marshall stack, I did well really the police didnt call round once [thumbup]

Archived