Gibson Brands Forums

Ok age check time.

LT ED

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

54 trying to feel like 30 (all efforts are failing but I won't stop working on it)

Searcy, I take care of myself and am able to do what I could when I was younger except now it hurts and I'm a bit slower :( . I figure if I'm going to have aches and pains either way, I may as well have fun and deal with them after.

54 trying to feel like 30 (all efforts are failing but I won't stop working on it)

Searcy, I take care of myself and am able to do what I could when I was younger except now it hurts and I'm a bit slower :( . I figure if I'm going to have aches and pains either way, I may as well have fun and deal with them after.

I know I know. But it's not the age really... it's the mileage. I've ingested an incredible amount of mood and mind altering substances, been blown up and electrocuted, multiple broken bones, hospitalized twice for bleeding ulcers and two, count them two! 20 foot falls as well and many smaller ones. I've survived hurricane Andrew in Miami, 14 days without power or heat in a 14 degree house in a 94 ice storm and watched much of my stuff float away in the 2010 Nashville flood. I cleaned up the blood and patched up the bullet holes in the walls after my best friend shot himself in front of his family in 1999. I have watched nieces, nephews and god children come into this world and grow up. Some of them have made smart choices and some have not. I've tried to do right by them all. I've seen cruelty that defies reason and kindness that defies words. For 22 years of this the same woman has been beside me. She thinks she's leaning on me, in truth she's holding me up. Sometimes I wonder why... but that... as they say... is life. I wouldn't trade away a moment of it.

I know I know. But it's not the age really... it's the mileage. I've ingested an incredible amount of mood and mind altering substances, been blown up and electrocuted, multiple broken bones, hospitalized twice for bleeding ulcers and two, count them two! 20 foot falls as well and many smaller ones. I've survived hurricane Andrew in Miami, 14 days without power or heat in a 14 degree house in a 94 ice storm and watched much of my stuff float away in the 2010 Nashville flood. I cleaned up the blood and patched up the bullet holes in the walls after my best friend shot himself in front of his family in 1999. I have watched nieces, nephews and god children come into this world and grow up. Some of them have made smart choices and some have not. I've tried to do right by them all. I've seen cruelty the defies reason and kindness that defies words. For 22 years of this the same woman has been beside me. She thinks she's leaning on my but in truth she's holding me up. Sometimes I wonder why... but that... as they say... is life. I wouldn't trade away a moment of it.

Gotta be a few (dozen) songs in there! [thumbup]

Archived