Gibson Brands Forums

Ok age check time.

LT ED

I know I know. But it's not the age really... it's the mileage. I've ingested an incredible amount of mood and mind altering substances, been blown up and electrocuted, multiple broken bones, hospitalized twice for bleeding ulcers and two, count them two! 20 foot falls as well and many smaller ones. I've survived hurricane Andrew in Miami, 14 days without power or heat in a 14 degree house in a 94 ice storm and watched much of my stuff float away in the 2010 Nashville flood. I cleaned up the blood and patched up the bullet holes in the walls after my best friend shot himself in front of his family in 1999. I have watched nieces, nephews and god children come into this world and grow up. Some of them have made smart choices and some have not. I've tried to do right by them all. I've seen cruelty the defies reason and kindness that defies words. For 22 years of this the same woman has been beside me. She thinks she's leaning on me, in truth she's holding me up. Sometimes I wonder why... but that... as they say... is life. I wouldn't trade away a moment of it.

That's a boatload of woe! Somehow you're still here and seem to be sane, lol. I don't know you except from here but I'm sure your wife stays with you because you're a good man.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

64, will be 65 at the end of June....You just do what you can. There are no guarantees.

Kind of cool to read all the different ages. While the number of years can suggest a generation gap, it can be mis-leading. We all have a great deal in common with each other. We're all, to varying degress, driven to play music. We might see some things differently, but we all speak a similar language in the ways we choose to express ourselves. [thumbup]

Age means nothing.

This shows your age! Tell my knees and back that age means nothing. Whilst your there. Sort my bald head, sensitive teeth, growing belly, aching knuckles etc.... Age mean a lot. I'm only 53 too. We wear out very quickly and life is short. So, look after yourself and enjoy it.

Never stay in a situation if your not happy too.

This shows your age! Tell my knees and back that age means nothing. Whilst your there. Sort my bald head, sensitive teeth, growing belly, aching knuckles etc.... Age mean a lot. I'm only 53 too. We wear out very quickly and life is short. So, look after yourself and enjoy it.

Never stay in a situation if your not happy too.

Tell that to the millions of kids around the world who live their lives confined to wheelchairs. People of all ages are susceptible to physical illness.

I was referring to age as a construct, i.e the idea that age somehow represents any kind of identity. That's nonsense.

Edit: I really didn't mean for this post to sound so aggressive!

Tell that to the million of kids around the world who live their lives confined to wheelchairs. People of all ages are susceptible to physical illness.

I was referring to age as a construct, i.e the idea that age somehow represents any kind of identity. That's nonsense.

Age is even more impotent to kids that live their lives confined to wheel chairs. Their bodies will age much faster and it will be even harder to fend off muscular and vascular problems. It will be much harder for them to control their weight. Compromised immune systems only get weaker as times takes its toll.

But that's just the body. The real gifts that time gives us are the ones we curse. Mistakes. The older we get the more mistakes we have made. The more mistakes we have made the more we have learned. The more we learn the fewer mistakes we make.

There is also the matter of common experience. I will never fully understand Vietnam because I was too young to remember much of it. Kids born today will never understand 9-11 like your generation will. It's a point of view that shapes a kind of common identity.

Age matters. [thumbup]

I'd love to be able to buy a LP made the year I was born. Unfortunately, that'd be 1959......

I don't view life in these terms.

With all due respect, Zeppelinguy, that's because you are 20.

P.

No, pippy, it's not. It's because I'm a person and I hold an opinion just like you.

Peace.

That's exactly as it should be, of course.

All I meant to suggest was that you might find the opinions you hold now may become modified over time. Hopefully we'll both be around in 30 years' time to shoot the breeze and compare notes!

Peace to you too, ZG.

(I was going to post a 'Smiley' but it looks far too smug and that's not my intention).

Philip.

Archived