Gibson Brands Forums

SG balance Derek Trucks? 61 reissue

juicytunes

Hi all.

I"m digging the tone of the SG, and particularly the 61 reissue. My issue is, I don't want a neck heavy guitar.

Looking for solutions. I've thought about buying one and putting some weights in the electronics cavity.

Also, wondering if maybe the Derek Trucks model would be more balanced because of the lyre cover remaining on the body. Is that heavy enough to make a difference?

A nice wide leather/vinyl strap should help, I've never had neck dive issues with my standard but they're a little bit different in weight balance. I don't think the cover is going to make that much of a difference, with the full lyre setup like the Tweedy sig it might add a little more weight to balance it out.

A nice wide leather/vinyl strap should help, I've never had neck dive issues with my standard but they're a little bit different in weight balance. I don't think the cover is going to make that much of a difference, with the full lyre setup like the Tweedy sig it might add a little more weight to balance it out.

Yeah, maybe not. Thanks for the input.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived