Gibson Brands Forums

Slash Playing Various Gibson Acoustics on DirecTV

ajay

One a current airing of DirecTV's live from Guitar Center LA feature, Slash performs an all acoustic (nearly) set of songs with his current band. On the first song, Slash is playing an Advanced Jumbo, and this song has Slash playing some relly nice slide on the AJ. I think he also plays a really nice SWD cutaway, and what looks to be a vintage series L-00. this show is definitely worth a look, because Slash shows his prolific chops on the Gibson Acoustics. The songs are all pretty great, inclusing one of my favorite Velvet Revolver songs, "Fall To Pieces". In all, I can't think of a better way for a Gibson Acoustic lover to spend an hour.

Also, finally a Slash interview where he talks more about his music than he does his love for snakes or his ongoing war with Axl. Great show, and well produced with a great acoustic sound mix.

That was great, love Slash's acoustic work. He normally faovurs a rosewood CJ-165 but he sounds great there. The Songwriter really shines in a band setting, no so much solo, but this one sounded tasty. Maybe we should reconsider selling those Songwriters ... ? ;-)

Here's a track we cover with two CJ's and a Songwriter, an absolute belter.

That was cool. The Songwriter is a great guitar but it has to go, hopefully tomorrow, to fund the J45 I got. I tried a CJ-165 rosewood before I bought the SWD and it sounded very small with little projection. I wanted to like it but didn't. Slash's sounded good and if I played like him the one I played might have sounded good too.

Archived