Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone acoustic

jazzhog

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I use to play guitar when I was a youngster and now I'm looking to get back into it. A friend of mine has a Gibson acoustic epiphone Model # PR715 Serial # 8811000131. I would like to buy this guitar but I'm not quite sure of the value of the instrument. Does any one have an idea on what is worth? The guitar appears to be in very good condition other than the strings need replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

First of all, welcome back to the fold! I've always had a special place in my heart for Epi's; they are a great value for the $$. As far as the PR-715, one recently sold on eBay for $249. Take a look. PR-715

Also, take a look at the newer Epi's. They range from the very reasonably priced DR100 (for $100 / sometimes less) to the more respectable DR500 (~$500). I've had a DR500 and it's a great sounding guitar. A guy in the band I play in came in with a DR100 and we were all pleasantly surprised.

Whatever you decide, best of luck.

MJ

I have a Masterbilt AJ500 RNES and this guitar rocks!

Tree weeks ago I purchased an AJ100 for some 150$- great isntrument for this price. This was a present for a friend of mine who had no metalstrings guitar. We puted inside this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acoustic-Guitar-Preamp-5-Band-EQ-Equalizer-Pickup-MIC-PM-/270887584992?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f122884e0#ht_3475wt_1270 and I assure you this guitar rocks too. They are made in Indonesia. Looks lite the Indonesian acoustic Epiphones are very good these days.

msp_thumbup.gif

Archived