Gibson Brands Forums

Two new ES-175s OHH BABAY!!!!

Rabs

Ohh mumma... Hmm maybe I will have to get one of these rather than a 336 (I wish lol :)) [drool] [drool]

I have to say, I think Gibson have been spot on with their releases in the last year or so.. Fist all the 50s, 60s tributes etc, then the Classic Customs, then the new 2012 Standard and Studios and now these (as well as all the oddments) .. GREAT JOB GIBSON [thumbup][thumbup] (youve almost made up for the Firebird X [flapper] )

(now we just need some new Double Cut Standards with AAA tops and coil taps, IMO of course ;))

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Custom/1959-ES-175.aspx

ES7DVBNH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

ES75VBNH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

ES7DVBNH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

ES75VBNH1-Glam-Shot.jpg

For what it's worth, I think the 175 is the best design for just about any kind of music short of all-acoustic bluegrass or on-stage super-loud rock/country.

But that's just me. I love the size and overall proportions. I'm sure at least part of that has to do with a combination of my body size and shape and my background with other guitars.

m

I adore the single p-up one.

[thumbup]

Recently I've been lucky enough to play an original '58 which belongs to my local luthier and I loved it.

It's not often I see something I'd really like but that one is an exception. Just as well it's $6,300 + change. Otherwise I might have been tempted..........[laugh]

P.

Those are really sweet! I will point out however, that there is an original 1959 on eBay I jsut spotted with a BIN of $9200. Just sayin...

I've seen some real bargains in 175's (and some that were much higher priced). Great guitars, and like the man said higher up in the thread, maybe someday... (so many guitars, so little money!).

What is that post to mean?

Sorry that could come across as pretty condescending depending on how you read it. I just meant that I don't really know any young people that know what art deco is. You're a well cultured dude

There's probably a lot of art deco architecture in NY though huh? I guess it might be more common knowledge over there than it is here on the west coast nowadays.

4k aint that bad for that much of a guitar...

:-k

Is that the actual price which they are going for 'on the street', dem00n? According to the link the 1-p-up is $6,351 and the 2-p-up is $7,056.

If the 1-p-up can be had for $4,000 then I might say 'Bye' to a Lester or two....[laugh]

Those are really sweet! I will point out however, that there is an original 1959 on eBay I jsut spotted with a BIN of $9200. Just sayin...

Yup. And I think this '52, from Gruhn's, is a real bargain at $3,750;

Lo-res52ES-1753750.jpg

But the new ones are still completely drool-worthy.

P.

I'm probably in the minority here but I do not like how that tailpiece looks, otherwise they're beautiful.

same here.

I have a more solid tale piece, not the zig zag (and I have 2 elements)

I still am flabbergast, we talked about reissued and VOS...but I find it strange that this guitar and mine are both called ES175, they are really two different guitars.

They should have called it ES175-1 and ES175-2 :)

For what it's worth, I think the 175 is the best design for just about any kind of music short of all-acoustic bluegrass or on-stage super-loud rock/country.

But that's just me. I love the size and overall proportions. I'm sure at least part of that has to do with a combination of my body size and shape and my background with other guitars.

m

Yup.

:-k

Is that the actual price which they are going for 'on the street', dem00n? According to the link the 1-p-up is $6,351 and the 2-p-up is $7,056.

If the 1-p-up can be had for $4,000 then I might say 'Bye' to a Lester or two....[laugh]

Yup. And I think this '52, from Gruhn's, is a real bargain at $3,750;

Lo-res52ES-1753750.jpg

But the new ones are still completely drool-worthy.

P.

More so a guess, i think the single pup will be 4K, you know...those MSRP's are always crazy high.

More so a guess, i think the single pup will be 4K, you know...those MSRP's are always crazy high.

Thanks for the reply, dem00n.

The MSRP's may seem crazy high for you 'Over There' but in Jolly Old Blighty there is a Cartel at work. Where new Gibbies are concerned we don't get much relief from the Take-It-Or-Leave-It price.......

P.

Thanks for the reply, dem00n.

The MSRP's may seem crazy high for you 'Over There' but in Jolly Old Blighty there is a Cartel at work. Where new Gibbies are concerned we don't get much relief from the Take-It-Or-Leave-It price.......

P.

Thats horrible, over here in the US they never charge the MSRP price. I always thought it was a price they beefed up so when a person sees it on the internet for cheaper that they would feel like they are getting a good deal .

Thats horrible, over here in the US they never charge the MSRP price. I always thought it was a price they beefed up so when a person sees it on the internet for cheaper that they would feel like they are getting a good deal .

Yes we do get some difference... at it currently stands, say for instance the 2012 Standard.. Over here its going for £1999. In the US its $3899. With current rates £3899 equals £2490.68 when you take off tax and shipping in that may bring it to what £2250 maybe less.. So we get about £200/£300 (about $450) off of the prices listed on the Gibson web site.

Ohh and to add to that.. Before the internet you did used to be able to go and make deals.. But now the prices are all matched online and pretty much fixed.. So theres no haggling any more.. You may get a strap or some strings but thats usually about it.

Archived