Gibson Brands Forums

Would a member or someone at Gibson know..? Gibson SJ200 Vine(1999-2004)

merseybeat1963

Hi.

Maybe someone here remembers..or someone at Gibson looks in here and can look at the Gibson Price List (2004)..

What the Suggested Gibson Retail (List) Price was of the SJ200 Vine Guitar was in aprox. 2004 ?

The SJ200 Vine(Maple) of the 1999-2004 period was more highly decorated than the one offered now..

Thank You

The SJ200 Vine(Maple) of the 1999-2004 period was more highly decorated than the one offered now..

For folks who are curious about the bling-level back then, here is the photo and description of the J-200 Custom Vine from the 2003 Gibson Acoustics catalog. Kinda low res, but it will give you the idea.

J-200_Custom_Vine.jpg

-- Bob R

If the fingerboard had standard Crown Markers and headstock the torch/vase instead ...with the rest as is, Id have liked it even more.

I like all the edges trimmed (like the Martin 45..) I think makes the best looking guitar look it's very best.

Many Thanks guys

If the fingerboard had standard Crown Markers and headstock the torch/vase instead ...with the rest as is, Id have liked it even more.

I like all the edges trimmed (like the Martin 45..) I think makes the best looking guitar look it's very best.

Many Thanks guys

I think the only on with the Pearled edge and the Crown inlays was a J200 Deluxe.. they were made with either maple or Rosewood Backs... The Vine was a Nice Guitar.. But pricey..

Archived