Gibson Brands Forums

How long until I'm offically no longer a newbie...

zachd33

Your not a newb but posting newb stuff like this sends the wrong message. Look at your rank..........it says it all. and when you break 100 posts your really not a noob.

Quality over quantity Colin... you have more than 100 and are still a noob... eusa_whistle.gif

Think of it as Gibson guitars vs cheap-*** guitars.

Would you be better off having two hundred and fifty $99 guitars, or just 4 good gibson/fender custom shop guitars (a strat, a tele, a lester and a SG?

rule #1: If your name is Colin, chances are you will never leave the noob wagon.

rule #1: If your name is Colin' date=' chances are you will never leave the noob wagon.[/quote']

LMAO!!!

+1!!!

Colin, you've only been registered here SIX days and you already have 136 posts. And while those 136 posts are entertaining at times, let's face it...most of it is bullshit in the sense that they are random, senseless polls and you replying to yourself over and over. I'm not trying to flame you, as it is amusing in a "omg look @ the n00b roflmao no rly srsly!!!!" sort of way.

While there is an "initiation" period at any forum where you're gonna be treated like the new guy, the long term goal here should be to be a contributing and respected member. Most of the people here who are totally awesome actually help people, answer questions, and generally make this forum a better place which keeps other people coming back for more.

A major part of the appeal of this place for me is to answer questions about gear that I love, and help educate people. At one time I had all the same questions they did. I can't say my contributions make that much of a difference, and I'm pretty sure I'll never be respected in any way, but I am sure I've answered a question or two along the way and helped somebody out.

*shrugs*

You can shoot for all that, or you can disregard it and do the only thing this forum was created to do...discuss Gibson products in whatever shape or form, including pointless spam. You can post that "omg if a les paul & an sg were compeeeting in an ilegal street race WHO do u thnk would win???? lol!!!!!" stuff and get away with it, but if you're looking to be taken seriously you might consider my advice.

Colin' date=' you've only been registered here SIX days and you already have 136 posts. [/quote']

You have way too much time on your hands. Get outside--shoot some caribou, moose or drain some maple trees of syrup. Don't you play hockey?

• 1 month later...

Ian and thunder why you gotta be all up in my GRILL?..... Ya well i agree quality is good. You know what i dont really think before i put down the words and i always come out with a burn..... what ever guys I know im not a noob i just say some noob stuff some times. DONT WE ALL?

You may be master of your craft at building the world's finest guitars' date=' but here you are in OUR domain!

I challenge you to a street fight![/quote'] If you continue with this despicable act of e-thuggery , I shall wire your humbuckers out of phase and refuse to warranty them! ( not really, but it sounded good didn't it?)[-X

I happilly accept my title of "newbie". Everyone has to pay their dues' date=' but how long, or how many posts will it take before you aren't a newbie around here. [/quote']

When you realize that posting your own photo in your avatar is dumb.

Acceptable criteria.

When you can answer more questions that you can ask...

Beautiful answer, Axe. I just have one question, though. Why did you send me on that strange quest to obtain that certain thing that I'm not allowed to mention because of the illegality of it all? You told me once I secured the "item" I would advance to the next level.

Was that all a lie?

Archived