Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200CE Battery Draining

realgonekid

If the EJ-200CE's batteries last when using the Marshall acoustic amp, but drain rapidly when the guitar is plugged into the PA desk, there must be some difference that causes the battery to drain. A little more information on the PA desk may help isolate the problem. Could you post a picture of the PA desk and let use know the settings and inputs you are using?

If the EJ-200CE's batteries last when using the Marshall acoustic amp, but drain rapidly when the guitar is plugged into the PA desk, there must be some difference that causes the battery to drain. A little more information on the PA desk may help isolate the problem. Could you post a picture of the PA desk and let use know the settings and inputs you are using?

HI, well its kind of a general problem, using different PA desks over the year in various practice rooms, but also if i DI at a gig it does this too.

Through my amp I have never had a low warning light.

• 9 years later...
1 hour ago, Church said:

My jumbo 200Drains the batteries even when it's unpluggedWhat's causing that

The only suggestion I have is you might want to contact the manufacturer of the pickup to obtain their input or a solution.

The Sonic is made by Fishman I think,   But, you might want to double check on the internet if that is so, in case it’s a different manufacturer, before you contact them.  

Another option is to have a luthier change the pickup to a different one or a different brand if it’s drawing batteries for no apparent reason.   Or, purchase a soundhole pickup to use rather than the stock pickup, leaving the stock one installed  but with no battery, rather than removing it  FYI.   I use an aftermarket Fishman Humbucker soundhole pickup rather than stock installed pickups on my flat top guitars.  Many on this forum like the aftermarket KK soundhole pickup.  Or, some have a Baggs pickup installed in place.

I hope this helps.

QM aka “Jazznan” Jeff

Edited by QuestionMark