Gibson Brands Forums

Slash and Miles Kennedy

Californiaman

I disagree. The music is solid and tasty hard rock.

And, yes, that cat's voice is annoying.

I kinda agree..

Ive heard the whole thing a few times now.. When I first heard it I didnt really like it bacause of what was mentioned about Myles's voice.. BUT im getting into it more now, his voice is growing on me (which im suprised at). But it is a SOLID hard rock album and Slash's sound alone is worth checking out.

He does Axle Rose better than Axle Rose ever did - even before Axle blew out his voice.

I'm going to see them in July here in Moncton NB Canada. Can't wait.

If Velvet Revolver ever starts up again and they can't get Scott back, I'd hope that they can convince Miles Kennedy. He did an awesome job at the RnR HOF and I really do agree, of what I've heard so far he and Slash work really well together.

Myles sounds with EVERYONE he plays with! Any Alter Bridge fans here? He plays guitar too! And he's very good. He knows what he's doing, and his solos are very tasteful.

I think he's the one of the greatest newer singers around! I'd like to hear him do some RUSH! I bet he could do the hard stuff (vocal wise) like 2112 and Circumstances (for which Rush has to tune down a whole step when they play those songs) better than Geddy does now! Beautiful vibrato. 4 octave range. Just amazing!

Slash is onto something, and I respect the fact that he is using his touring band.

Guys like Joe Bonamassa and Ace Frehley, for example, have great touring bands, but they don't use them in the studio.

Both of them use Anton Fig! Which isn't a bad thing! He's one of the best kept secrets of the drum world!

He and Eric Carr are/were the only people that could have replaced John Bonham. Well, maybe just Anton, as Eric didn't have that ability to play behind the beat.

Just listen to Bonamassa's cover of "Tea For One"! The Thunder From Down Under does it PERFECTLY!

I finally picked this album up today and I love the magazine format they are releasing it in.... Are you guys in the US getting it this way too or just the normal CD and Online release?

DSC01465.jpg

DSC01466.jpg

Also while I was there I saw a cool Matallica magazine that I had to get. A 30th anniversary one with a vinyl record in it :) oretty cool.

DSC01467.jpg

DSC01468.jpg

I tried again. Couldn't get more than 4 songs in.

Wow, I can't believe how much I hate that guys voice. Almost as much as I hate Eddie Vedder's voice....actually....maybe more!!!

Ive gotten used to it now... I dont like the whole album but his voice isnt annoying me as much any more..

But in saying that I never really liked Axl's voice either. GnR was always about the music for me Slash and Izzy.

Amazon.com has the British fan pack for sale.

I bought the Deluxe version with the extra tracks/DVD and "free" t-shirt.

Dang I see you got a hold of the special edition of So What!

I was out of town and did not look for it until a week later and could not find it, half the books stores are out of business these days.

I tried again. Couldn't get more than 4 songs in.

Wow, I can't believe how much I hate that guys voice. Almost as much as I hate Eddie Vedder's voice....actually....maybe more!!!

Stop it!

I have always been able to put annoying singers in the back of my mind, even Axl Rose but the more you guys mention it the more I hear Myles voice.

After watching the DVD - the making of...I have to say that I have found respect for Myles, it gives a glimpse of how hard he works and how comfortable he is playing a guitar. That helps getting past his intense voice if that makes sense.

Amazon.com has the British fan pack for sale.

Dang I see you got a hold of the special edition of So What!

I was out of town and did not look for it until a week later and could not find it, half the books stores are out of business these days.

Wow, I think the general release is a few weeks away so I may have to look out for that :)

And with the Metallica mag.. check this (this seller is always selling these things).. £9.99 is what it cost in the shop so thats a good deal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METALLICA-30th-ANNIVERSARY-EVENT-MAGAZINE-VINYL-45-NEW-/261030375970?pt=UK_Magazines&hash=item3cc69f7222

theres also this GREAT BB King mag that I got cos it has a DVD on it with footage of the gig I went too :D (and its half price now as it was £14.99 in the shop)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GUITARIST-MAGAZINE-PRESENTS-BB-KING-DVD-COLLECTORS-SPECIAL-MAG-NEW-/261023718223?pt=UK_Magazines&hash=item3cc639db4f

Yea, probably eBay will be the way to go,

I see a few US vendors that have it.

Frankly I was under the impression I was going to get it as a member of the fan(boy)club, instead I received the normal quarterly issue.

By the way and so I don't mislead anybody I say free in quotations because that is what the label on the CD says but you are responsible for shipping, in my case $6 so in reality the t-shirt is not really free.

Stop it!

I have always been able to put annoying singers in the back of my mind, even Axl Rose but the more you guys mention it the more I hear Myles voice.

I can't do it man. I don't like most singers....but I REALLY don't like this guy.

This guy is a better singer than Axl ever was, ten fold. It's Rock-n-Roll! Don't be so critical, guys I saw Slash and the band last Saturday and they were Kick A$$. One of the best live sounds/mixes and performances I've heard in a long time.

This guy is a better singer than Axl ever was, ten fold. It's Rock-n-Roll! Don't be so critical, guys I saw Slash and the band last Saturday and they were Kick A$$. One of the best live sounds/mixes and performances I've heard in a long time.

Don't be so critical? I like what I like...and I even tried to like his voice. It sounds so fake/put on to me...how can I not be critical? That's all I have to say about that. I'm glad you all love it...I'll spend my money elsewhere and we will all be happy. :)

Don't be so critical? I like what I like...and I even tried to like his voice. It sounds so fake/put on to me...how can I not be critical? That's all I have to say about that. I'm glad you all love it...I'll spend my money elsewhere and we will all be happy. :)

Look here Mr, you will spend your money where we tell you too! [sneaky]

Yeah. Don't be so critical, Shred. It's rock-n-roll; the most versatile style of music ever. If you choose to spend your money somewhere else that's fine, but reading some of the comments is like listening to teenage girls talk about what they don't like about other girls. There are a lot of things I like and don't like, but I'm usually careful not to take up other people's time talking about my taste so much.

Archived