Gibson Brands Forums

Detroit Rock City

Zeppelinguy

My friend recommended it to me a while back but I never bothered to watch it since I'm not really a Kiss fan. Anyway, I watched it yesterday and I loved it!

I know the film wasn't very favorable amongst critics. Probably because the film critics just don't understand where it's coming from.

What did you think of it?

My friend recommended it to me years ago but I never bothered to watch it since I'm not really a Kiss fan. Anyway, I watched it yesterday and I loved it!

I know the film wasn't very favorable amongst critics. Probably because the film critics just don't understand where it's coming from.

What did you think of it?

Never seen the film but always liked the song.

Learned to play it many,many years ago. I should try it again for fun.

Even if you absolutely hate KISS, I recommend it! It's funny as hell!

I don't even think the guys in the KISS camp appreciate it for what it was (probably cause' they didn't make a million bucks off of it and there were circumstances that prevent Ace from loving it). A far cry from KISS Meets The Phantom!

One of those guys was in Terminator 2!

It's funny, cause I had a layover in Detroit the other day!

"Even if you absolutely hate KISS, I recommend it! It's funny as hell!"

I agree completely. I can't stand KISS, but I enjoy a good coming of age/stoner comedy. It's not quite on the level as Dazed and Confused, but definitely worth watching. I was fortunate enough to have parents that were both huge fans of live music, and was taken to some pretty big shows as a youngster, but nothing beats the memories of the first shows that I went to with my friends as soon as we were able to drive ourselves and go on road trips to bigger cities.

"Even if you absolutely hate KISS, I recommend it! It's funny as hell!"

I agree completely. I can't stand KISS, but I enjoy a good coming of age/stoner comedy. It's not quite on the level as Dazed and Confused, but definitely worth watching. I was fortunate enough to have parents that were both huge fans of live music, and was taken to some pretty big shows as a youngster, but nothing beats the memories of the first shows that I went to with my friends as soon as we were able to drive ourselves and go on road trips to bigger cities.

Well, I like KISS (at least the original from back then!), so that makes it even better (Cause' I recognize all the songs! Too bad they didn't use my favorite ones....). I love how it spoofs your average KISS fan from those days!

Nothing in the age/stoner category beats Dazed and Confused!

It's a classic in my household.

One of my favorite parts is at the beginning when the guy's mother accidentally puts on Love Gun!

All I can say is, BE HAPPY IT WASN'T NO SLEEP TILL' HAMMERSMITH!

Archived