Gibson Brands Forums

NGD SJ-200 Custom!!

aerohead

What a beautiful work of art!! Sound is rich and full. Everything I hoped it would be soundwise. A few finish imperfections including some glue squeezing out around moustache bridge, also pick guard was lifting up around soundhole (I pressed it back down and hope it holds). Tops of fret ends feel sharp although polished nicely they feel very sharp to me. Little bit of a buzz on A and D strings (nothing a good setup won't fix!). All in all I am more than happy with the sound and beauty of this guitar so far. Haven't tested electronics yet. Love that new Gibson smell! Pics and sound clips tomorrow.

Never have I played a guitar with as much colour and tone as this one! As much as I love my Guild it just doesn't sing like this one. I feel like a caveman playing this thing. As much as Pete Townsend says the harder he played his the better it sounded I feel almost guilty playing it in the style of my Guild. I have already gone to a softer pick. This is true love at first sight and sound! I'm at work right now and can't wait to get home to her!! Ahhhh life is good!

Never have I played a guitar with as much colour and tone as this one! As much as I love my Guild it just doesn't sing like this one. I feel like a caveman playing this thing. As much as Pete Townsend says the harder he played his the better it sounded I feel almost guilty playing it in the style of my Guild. I have already gone to a softer pick. This is true love at first sight and sound! I'm at work right now and can't wait to get home to her!! Ahhhh life is good!

Love is a wonderful thing!

Wow, she looks and sounds awesome. Very pretty, bling but still done in highly tasteful manner, just right.

Never played a rosewood j-200 and had a feeling they might sound a bit boomy but yours sounded great. Deep, rich and pwerful but balanced, not boomy, just tons of power coming out of that soundhole. The Led Zep stuff sounded real tasty.

Enjoy !

That is one sweet guitar you've got there! Love the Jimmy Page stuff. OMG, when you were describing the guitar at the beginning, I was laughing how excited you were. I hope you changed your undies (me too after seeing and hearing that)! :P

That is one sweet guitar you've got there! Love the Jimmy Page stuff. OMG, when you were describing the guitar at the beginning, I was laughing how excited you were. I hope you changed your undies (me too after seeing and hearing that)! :P

Lol funny even my wife says "it sounds like you are fixin to mount it".she's from Amarillo Texas thats where the fixin comes from! Everything in Texas must be broken!! Lol

Archived