Gibson Brands Forums

Even Slash has QC issues

Dg77

http://hw.libsyn.com/p/e/7/6/e7611f7dd2b28632/PnS052112.mp3?sid=b768df77bfe76e4bd05015eaecd9e252&l_sid=18723&l_eid=&l_mid=3017174&expiration=1338049196&hwt=346966422e75da534edee30b52144235

Go t0 the 58:00 mark and listen to him say how his guitars have been temperamental and going out of tune, breaking strings, etc.

If the first link doesn't work, try this one

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/PrestonAndStevePodcast/~3/7JBhXes20cc/daily-feed-05-21-12

Just thought it was interesting that he's been having issues shortly after the release of his new signature series lp

I'm not a fan of Slash -- just don't care for that genre of music. But I recently watched his performance on HDNET from 2011 in the UK. I can see how he would be a very rough customer to please. His style is very (what is the word here?) aggressive and I can see how demanding his performances are on the guitar.

I did find an article (don't remember where) that Gibson credits Slash with a surge in interest for the Les Paul line of guitars! For that I am happy as I really like my Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute!

I'm not a fan of Slash -- just don't care for that genre of music. But I recently watched his performance on HDNET from 2011 in the UK. I can see how he would be a very rough customer to please. His style is very (what is the word here?) aggressive and I can see how demanding his performances are on the guitar.

I did find an article (don't remember where) that Gibson credits Slash with a surge in interest for the Les Paul line of guitars! For that I am happy as I really like my Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute!

Yeah he's really particular from wha I read. The radio station throwing this concert he was recently at said they couldn't even be on the side of the stage. He will only allow certain people to be anywhere near him. Imget it, he iconic and as any artist would be wants his performance to be at its best every show, but I had to chuckle when I heard about his issues as he pretty much only uses his signature guitar at live shows. Gibson I'm sure sees the profits rolling in from his guitar. ,they get more out of him than he gets from them.

Archived