Gibson Brands Forums

Advice, 57 Classic in Ibanez Destroyer?

Jock68

I have just purchased an Ibanez DTT700( Destroyer) it has Dimarzio D Activators installed and the sound to me is too sharp and harsh. This may well be the sound that most users look for in the Destroyer but I would like a more smooth and all rounded sound. I have a 68 Custom with 57's in it and it is the best sounding guitar ever. I realise the structure of both guitars are very differant but is there anyone out there that has put 57s in a through body guitar, or anyone that has put 57s in an Ibanez RG and achieved that quality sound that 57s give out in a Gibson. Any comment or advice is apprecaited, the neck on the Ibanez is one of the key reasons for buying the guitar, along with a bargain price.

• 2 months later...

Ok, no response so after a few weeks I decided to put the SD 59 and Customer 5 out of my V into the Destroyer, it sounds great, very happy. I decided to get an Ibanez Iceman beacuse I loved the Destroyer and bought a pair of 57 Classics for the Iceman and put them in, now sound like a real guitar. Both are through neck construction with Mahogany wings. Very hapy with both additions, feel that the 57s have more base in them that the SDs.

Cheers

Archived