Gibson Brands Forums

KMD amps.

Buxom

mc9yC.jpg

I have the cab circled in red.

Anyways, I love it. But I'm kind of wondering about other people's experience with KMD, and wondering how good they really are, and why they've become so hard to find. Anyone wanna answer?

I'm also looking for a KMD head, but they rarely, if ever pop up.

Oh yeah, KMD amps...

Ha, i have an inside joke with a friend that everytime we see a mysterious amp or speaker we dont know we call it a KMD classified.

He owned a KMD, it was...horrible. I haven't played any other KMD amps but it was...really bad. The cleans were to god damn bright. I think its the practice amp on the bottom of the ad.

It's untested, though. It could potentially be a bust. I'd actually offer him my Crate head as a trade, considering it's around the same in terms of value.

If its untested then theres a chance he/she isnt a guitar player, not hard to test an amp...

I don't think he/she would want your Crate head, but go for it.

Oh yeah, KMD amps...

Ha, i have an inside joke with a friend that everytime we see a mysterious amp or speaker we dont know we call it a KMD classified.

He owned a KMD, it was...horrible. I haven't played any other KMD amps but it was...really bad. The cleans were to god damn bright. I think its the practice amp on the bottom of the ad.

mmm, I think there's one on eBay right now as well. But those are the only 2 amps for some reason. Maybe everyone who disliked them burned them right after the company went under [confused]

If its untested then theres a chance he/she isnt a guitar player, not hard to test an amp...

I don't think he/she would want your Crate head, but go for it.

He isn't, judging by the name of "buyeverythingguy"

mmm, I think there's one on eBay right now as well. But those are the only 2 amps for some reason. Maybe everyone who disliked them burned them right after the company went under [confused]

Not so sure, don't get me wrong about the rare amps of the 80's. Majority of those rare and forgotten amps from the 80's/90's are amazing...and costly.

Not so sure, don't get me wrong about the rare amps of the 80's. Majority of those rare and forgotten amps from the 80's/90's are amazing...and costly.

I've got one of those forgotten amps. The Crate is also a bit uncommon, but it sounds good imo. I'd like a matching set though.

well i wanted that crate BVH600 head, a 600 watt thing with a 16x12 cab, Imagine THAT in my room!

Maybe build a new room for it, in a new neighborhood, where you're the only resident, next to a soundproofing factory. [flapper]

Archived