Gibson Brands Forums

Doc Watson

j45nick

This is too sad of news! Have not heard on any media news ,yet! I luv me some Doc!

....and Jannusguy2.....sorry to post on the same thread as you! I know it gets your 'undies in a bunch' [cursing]

You're mistaken. I'm wholly apathetic where you're concerned. I'm not sure how a thread about Doc Watson's passing is an appropriate venue for your continued grinding of your axe but, hey, it's your rep. Have at it. BTW, you have the timing and apparent social skills of a 12 yr. old.

You're mistaken. I'm wholly apathetic where you're concerned. I'm not sure how a thread about Doc Watson's passing is an appropriate venue for your continued grinding of your axe but, hey, it's your rep. Have at it. BTW, you have the timing and apparent social skills of a 12 yr. old.

Rob and Rod,

I wish you guys could just let it go long enough to help us remember one of the great country/folk guitarists of the last century.

It just ain't gentlemanly, and Doc was a real gentleman.

I can't even begin to think how many hours I listened to his records, trying to figure out how he could play so many notes in such a short time........

Rob and Rod,

I wish you guys could just let it go long enough to help us remember one of the great country/folk guitarists of the last century.

It just ain't gentlemanly, and Doc was a real gentleman.

I can't even begin to think how many hours I listened to his records, trying to figure out how he could play so many notes in such a short time........

I don't disagree, Nick. It wasn't my idea to make mention of any lingering animosity by any stretch. But there it is in black and white for all to see. Anyway, it's a point of sadness for me, professionally, that I never got to work with Doc in all my years of concert promotion. There were a couple of attempts that fizzled out. I should have tried harder. His passing and the missed opportunity it represents is causing me to think about other giants in the twilight of their careers that I need to reach out to and create some personal memories. He will be missed.

Blind since the age of 1. I can only imagine his joy at finely seeing the Good Shepard as he walked through Heaven's Gates.

Thanks for the joy and wonder Doc,

You will be missed.

Archived