Gibson Brands Forums

What was the weirdest thing you have ever seen on Ebay?

FenderGuy1

I once saw a retired British Aircraft Carrier. Also saw a Blue Angels F 18 (no match there, the aircraft carrier was the type for Harriers IIRC). FBI visited the Seller of the F 18 (don't think the sale was allowed, I suspect the aircraft-in pieces- was confiscated).

Then there was the grilled cheese sandwich that supposedly looked like Jesus. (that one I actually saw referenced on TV, along with a potato chip that looked like someone or something famous supposedly).

Actually, the strangest was left over lettuce from some tacos. A guy I bought a watch catalog from (local) was "helping" his neighbor (I guess) build feedback. The neighbor listed the chopped lettuce, left over from last night's tacos (complete with picture), and this guy "bought" it, and left positive feedback. Who will this help? Ever seen "no zero feedback bidders". THAT's who.

Mmm, tacos... Now I know what to make for breakfast! [tongue]

Ive seen a few air guitars - all were just pretty creative sales for cases. one that really struck me as odd was a guy selling three kidney stones he had passed. And I've seen quite a few adds for wisdom teeth and such and I even bought a wisdom tooth once on E-bay it was a almost perfect shape so I copied it and cast it in Silver and Bronze. That's what I actually paid the girl with she got one of the first cast copies in silver as a necklace. That's how she had advertised it even she wanted a necklace made of a wisdom tooth she supplied the artist (me) with two teeth to choose from it was kind of cool and it came out great.

The weirdest thing Ive ever seen though was on craigslist. it was a guy selling frozen goldfish, apparently he had a pond in his backyard that wasn't deep enough and it froze and somehow the goldfish were in blocks of ice that looked like sculptures he advertised them and sold four of five I guess some kind of art you keep in your freezer I guess.

Guest rogerb

Scarlett Johnsson's snotty tissue when she blew her nose on the Tonight Show. Then someone put a counterfeit snotty tissue on Ebay shortly after that!!!

Archived