Gibson Brands Forums

A Miracle is happening on the AGF ..

EuroAussie

That IS a miracle. Especially on the AGF. All joking aside, I've thought several times over the last several months that there has been a shift over there. Maybe more mature members or just commonsense over-ruling what used to be the status quo: "Rip Gibsons. No facts required." Trolls still hang-around, as they do on most every forum, but they don't seem to get the eager responses they once did. Anyway, it does seem to be a calmer place. It's not "home sweet home" like this place kind of is for me, but it has definitly been more welcoming to Gibson owners...I'm all for it. [thumbup]

Seems like it ... but boy, were we fast out of the gate, must have been all those Birds flying out !

Gibson still has a shot at beating Taylor -- it's currently 49 for Taylor to 48 for Gibson, with Martin up in the 80s. It would be kind of cool to see Gibson beat Taylor on their home turf, even is the results don't mean anything.

-- Bob R

Gibson still has a shot at beating Taylor -- it's currently 49 for Taylor to 48 for Gibson, with Martin up in the 80s. It would be kind of cool to see Gibson beat Taylor on their home turf, even is the results don't mean anything.

-- Bob R

So I just logged onto the AGF for the first time in a very long time because of this thread. I put my vote in for Gibson, and Gibson is now beating Taylor 51 to 49. Although, I agree with Bob that the results don't mean anything!

Hell no, the votes don't mean anything. They really don't, but we're all watching...lol......When one considers the number of guitars produced yearly, it's amazing that Gibson is even in the race. Gibsons are not cookie-cutter guitars. All guitars within a model name are not going to be identical. That's where the "human touch" comes into the forumula. The Gibson plant does not resemble The Ford Assembly Plant in any way, shape, or form. Name recognition speaks volumns. With so many humans involved with each guitar, it takes a bit longer to get it built, but it's worth it. [thumbup]

I believe that the miracle has already faded. Nazareth still seems to be the site of the holy grail for many out there.

I own both brands and like both equally, but what is the big deal (or why do people even care) which brand SOMEONE ELSE happens to appreciate more?

I own both brands and like both equally, but what is the big deal (or why do people even care) which brand SOMEONE ELSE happens to appreciate more?

Because, if I wind up being the only person who prefers Gibsons to Taylors, Gibson won't be in business for long. Of course, I could get really good deals on used ones then, so maybe that would be okay. :)

-- Bob R

It is because if I love a certain guitar, but a bunch of people on the internet that I will never meet in real life like something else, then my opinion and my guitar are obviously devalued, and I am thus devalued as a human being. How does this not make perfectly logical sense? [confused]

I couldn't care less, but I do like the opportunity for punning presented by EA's tagline about miracles and the fact that Martins are manufactured in a place with a religiously significant name. Just as if somebody posted a thread about a zebrawood guitar with bear claw on the top, I'd ask whether it was made in Kalama-Zoo. That said, the bashing that Gibsons have often taken on the AGF is at the root of our collective glee in this case. The big deal is that so many over there care and make a big deal about the fact that we appreciate Gibsons.

It is because if I love a certain guitar, but a bunch of people on the internet that I will never meet in real life like something else, then my opinion and my guitar are obviously devalued, and I am thus devalued as a human being. How does this not make perfectly logical sense? [confused]

It doesn't devalue someone as a human being - it just tends to show more as to what 'kind' of human being that person is...

I mean, face it, real men do not play Taylors - Taylors are chick guitars made for people like Jewel to play - and, geez, your average Martin owner tends to be some tight-assed, button down, Docker and Bass Weegun wearing, James Taylor/CSN wannabe...

LOL [biggrin]

It'll always be a Ford/Chevy, Beatles/Stones world... [wink]

It doesn't devalue someone as a human being - it just tends to show more as to what 'kind' of human being that person is...

I mean, face it, real men do not play Taylors - Taylors are chick guitars made for people like Jewel to play - and, geez, your average Martin owner tends to be some tight-assed, button down, Docker and Bass Weegun wearing, James Taylor/CSN wannabe...

LOL [biggrin]

It'll always be a Ford/Chevy, Beatles/Stones world... [wink]

That is funny about Taylors...lol...it really is. Probably some truth to it as well.. [flapper]

When I owned my 214ce years back I did feel my metrosexual side definitely trying to come out more, ate more vegeterian food and probably ordered too many gin & tonics .... glad I killed that urge when I bought my first Gibson, and went back to steak and Pilsner !

That is funny about Taylors...lol...it really is. Probably some truth to it as well.. [flapper]

Archived