Gibson Brands Forums

A Miracle is happening on the AGF ..

EuroAussie

Gibsons are not cookie-cutter guitars. All guitars within a model name are not going to be identical. That's where the "human touch" comes into the forumula. The Gibson plant does not resemble The Ford Assembly Plant in any way, shape, or form. Name recognition speaks volumns. With so many humans involved with each guitar, it takes a bit longer to get it built, but it's worth it. [thumbup]

I guess I do not see Gibsons as being more or less a "cookie cutter" guitars than Martins. They are both factory produced guitars. But there is also a tremendous amount of hand work involved in the making of both. It takes Martin about three weeks to complete a stock guitar which from what I have read is about the same amount of time it takes to make a Gibson. And both companies make some crackerjack guitars. The difference is the size of the operation - there are just so many more Martins built. But it is all relative. Compared to say Collings, which turns out only about 1,000 guitars a year, Gibsons are mass produced.

Nothing wrong with any of this. I don't think a whole lot of folks give a whole lotta thought thought to how the guitar they are holding was made. In the end it all comes down to what it always has - sound and feel.

Chevy

Stones

Ginger for one night. MaryAnn to marry.

Yup, that there was a study in the difference between the datin' kind and the marryin' kind.

Me, I have a soft spot in my heart for Ellen Brown (aka Jeannie of Cocoa Beach, Fla.) [woot]

Though Mary Ann makes a wicked good coconut cream pie.

Ellen Brown?

Do you mean Barbara Eden?

barbaraedenfabulousfema.jpg

WHERE did you dig that up?

[blush]

Yes. Before IDOJ, She played Ellen Brown, a manicurist who came to Mayberry to set up shop in Floyd's Barber Shop.

Briscoe Darling claimed to be able to get Guit tar sounds, Banjoy sounds, etc. out of his jug. But when Ellen walked away, you could hear drum sounds.

WHERE did you dig that up?

[blush]

Yes. Before IDOJ, She played Ellen Brown, a manicurist who came to Mayberry to set up shop in Floyd's Barber Shop.

Briscoe Darling claimed to be able to get Guit tar sounds, Banjoy sounds, etc. out of his jug. But when Ellen walked away, you could hear drum sounds.

I'd say tympani sounds out of them there jugs..... va, va vooooom!!!!!

Love the "Harper Valley PTA" shirt on that girl....... Come to think of it, Jeannie C. Riley had a bit of that same "problem" of physiognamy.

My wife tells me this is a disease that is common on the West Coast, and that if I touch them, my hands will fall off. I think she means something besides my hands..... [biggrin] She feels sorry for the poor girls.

Before IDOJ, She played Ellen Brown, a manicurist who came to Mayberry to set up shop in Floyd's Barber Shop.

I had forgotten that episode (and there's no way I would have remembered her character's name - I have a hard enough time remembering last week!)

Love the "Harper Valley PTA" shirt on that girl.......

She starred in the movie they made out of that song - the script basically followed the lyrics - mini-skirts and all...

000a703207.jpg

Archived