Gibson Brands Forums

les paul neck pickup problems

hi i own a epiphone les paul standard and ive never had problems in the first 1,5 years but now my neck pickup wont work unless i turn on my amp when the togle switch is in the up position( neck pickup) when i switch to the midle or down position it works fine but when i switch back to the up position then there is no output. ive checked if its not the amp that is malfunctioning(didnt think that was even posible and i was right) please help me

hi i own a epiphone les paul standard and ive never had problems in the first 1,5 years but now my neck pickup wont work unless i turn on my amp when the togle switch is in the up position( neck pickup) when i switch to the midle or down position it works fine but when i switch back to the up position then there is no output. ive checked if its not the amp that is malfunctioning(didnt think that was even posible and i was right) please help me

Sounds like a switch issue(problem). Take it back to where you bought it.

Right - Agree, your 3 way toggle switch is most likely the culprit. Get some contact cleaner, open the chamber, yank the switch out, hit it with contact clear, move it around for a few minutes, hit it again, let it dry, and put it back in place. That should at least restore it to working order for a while. These switches tend to wear out, but if you know how to use a soldering iron with out burning your self or your Guitar's finish they are quite easy to replace.

/KB

Right - Agree, your 3 way toggle switch is most likely the culprit. Get some contact cleaner, open the chamber, yank the switch out, hit it with contact clear, move it around for a few minutes, hit it again, let it dry, and put it back in place. That should at least restore it to working order for a while. These switches tend to wear out, but if you know how to use a soldering iron with out burning your self or your Guitar's finish they are quite easy to replace.

/KB

i used contact cleaner and it worked perfectly thanks mate!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived