Gibson Brands Forums

Classic Custom availability

quapman

Has anyone tried to purchase a Custom Classic recently? It sounds like they have neared the end of

thier availability. [scared]

I was waiting to hear from my dealer and was told today they are all now spoken for.

I may be getting one from another L&M dealer but now I'm worried.

Has anyone tried to purchase a Custom Classic recently? It sounds like they have neared the end of

I was waiting to hear from my dealer and was told today they are all now spoken for.

We have a new load here in the UK, no gold tops tho...

Thanks JM2112.

You're right. Looks like GC has a few left and they do ship to Canada.

I was able to find one here in Canada. Edmonton actually. A cream.

GC ships free but ends up being about 350 more.

I was told they took mine off the shelf and are shipping it today so I'm pretty happy about that.

So basically they are all spoken for at Gibson but there are still some left in stores.

And by the looks of it GC has the majority of them. Long and Mcquade here could only find the one cream one.

I don't know if that's only Western Canada or what.

So I don't know what that means for availability here.

But I have one on its way so I'm happy. I still have to play it before I decide for sure but from what I have read it sounds like it fits the feel I'm looking for. And they don't seem worried about selling it if for some reason I don't like it so I don't have to commit as I would with GC. Maybe I got lucky for a change... lol

Can't wait.

But thanks again for the info.

Thanks JM2112.

You're right. Looks like GC has a few left and they do ship to Canada.

I was able to find one here in Canada. Edmonton actually. A cream.

GC ships free but ends up being about 350 more.

I was told they took mine off the shelf and are shipping it today so I'm pretty happy about that.

So basically they are all spoken for at Gibson but there are still some left in stores.

And by the looks of it GC has the majority of them. Long and Mcquade here could only find the one cream one.

I don't know if that's only Western Canada or what.

So I don't know what that means for availability here.

But I have one on its way so I'm happy. I still have to play it before I decide for sure but from what I have read it sounds like it fits the feel I'm looking for. And they don't seem worried about selling it if for some reason I don't like it so I don't have to commit as I would with GC. Maybe I got lucky for a change... lol

Can't wait.

But thanks again for the info.

You're welcome, and be sure to post some pics when you get it!!! ;)

I just wanted to mention. I have ragged on Gibson LP quality in the past, because I had a difficult time finding a good one, no blemishes, poorly cut nut, sharp frets etc..

But when I looked at the Classic Customs at my local GC. (December) All three were perfect. I couldn't beleve it! I played all of them and scrutinized them closely. What a well made guitar! I ended up buying the Wine colored one. This is one of the few guitars I would buy new over the internet sight unseen or played.

Just a great guitar with excellent craftmanship. Oh yeah what a nice tone.[thumbup]

Hi guys.

I got my new baby today. I absolutely love it.

I had a refundable deposit on it cuz I didn't want to commit to buying it so I could have left it behind. But I couldn't. It felt so good I had to take it.

Cosmetically it's gorgeous. But I figured that going in. So I wasn't going to let her get me on looks alone. lol.

The feel is what sold me on it. And that was just in the store. Now after several hours of playing I like it even more.

It's a great feel to it.

Pics as soon as I get some taken. Cheers ;-)

Ordered a goldtop a couple of weeks back from ZZounds. The thing is a dream come true. Stamped 2012, but you're right: availability is waning.

Congrats Jojo,, I'm sure you will love yours as much as the rest of us who have got them. That baked maple neck is a

really nice feel.

Ordered a goldtop a couple of weeks back from ZZounds. The thing is a dream come true. Stamped 2012, but you're right: availability is waning.

Congratulations!!! [thumbup]

Please post some pics when you get a chance.

Yeah, don't wait on these, get them while you can. They're a great guitar and at even greater price.

I searched for them today in all the websites, and I can honestly say that NOW they're officially out. When this message was posted, it was a little premature, so I abstained from posting because I had just ordered my goldtop; however, it looks like now we would really be in a very tight spot if we were to go searching for one. I looked at the most reliable webspots and they truly are out, with an announcement asking you to "pre-order."

For those of us who got our CC's, we know exactly what a deal and what a beauty we got. The rest just might have missed this ark.

For those of us who got our CC's, we know exactly what a deal and what a beauty we got. The rest just might have missed this ark.

Indeed! I've been loving my CC Goldtop since March. A real keeper! It does appear there are still four Goldtops left on GC Platinum... 16 CCs total....Hmmm...

Indeed! I've been loving my CC Goldtop since March. A real keeper! It does appear there are still four Goldtops left on GC Platinum... 16 CCs total....Hmmm...

Yup, this is one of the few times I stumbled onto something great as it was just getting started, and I quickly bought one of these fine guitars in early December. My usual luck is that I find out about it after the last one has been sold the week before.

Most folks tend to forget about GC's Platinum Room, which keeps a separate listing.

Yup, this is one of the few times I stumbled onto something great as it was just getting started, and I quickly bought one of these fine guitars in early December. My usual luck is that I find out about it after the last one has been sold the week before.

Most folks tend to forget about GC's Platinum Room, which keeps a separate listing.

Wow, I was unaware of the existence of the "platinum rooms"; thanks for this enormous bit of knowledge. I have one less than an hour away in Hallandale.

Wow, I was unaware of the existence of the "platinum rooms"; thanks for this enormous bit of knowledge. I have one less than an hour away in Hallandale.

You're welcome! Whenever I visit GC that's the first place I go to, but beware, the stuff in that room can get very pricey.

I guess I was lucky I ordered mine on amazon and it will be here tomorrow.

I guess I was lucky I ordered mine on amazon and it will be here tomorrow.

Sounds like there are still some left online and in some stores. But the production is done so just what's left for sale is all there is from what I hear.

I'm glad I got one. I love the feel of it.

I didn't even know amazon had guitars..lol.. cool.

I think I may have got one of the last ones in Canada? Or at least from Long and McQuade.

I was told mine was the only one on the system and it was brought in to me from Edmonton.

Enjoy your new baby. What color did you get? They are all nice..

Archived