Gibson Brands Forums

first band practice tonight

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest farnsbarns

I have stumbled my way into a band. Basically, after discovering a guitar playing friend of mine is also really quite good o n drums I suggested we start a 3 piece and start practicing and writing while looking for another drummer to make us a four piece.

He was up for it so I set about getting in touch with a good bass player I used to know. I called a mutual friend only to find out the bass man now lives and works in Brighton (far enough away to be a problem) so the idea died.

The next day I had a call from him, he wondered why I was asking after him. When I told him he asked if I could make Thursday nights as he's working up our way one day a week. The deal was done. I mentioned all this to another friend who told me he used to sing in a band, and his son, who I also know, is apparently a very good drummer.

Now we have a complete 5 piece line up!

We're all getting together tonight at the local practice rooms.

We're going to start on a few covers and then start introducing some original songs, eventually aiming to have the covers in our back pockets for occasional playing.

I have stumbled my way into a band. Basically, after discovering a guitar playing friend of mine is also really quite good o n drums I suggested we start a 3 piece and start practicing and writing while looking for another drummer to make us a four piece.

He was up for it so I set about getting in touch with a good bass player I used to know. I called a mutual friend only to find out the bass man now lives and works in Brighton (far enough away to be a problem) so the idea died.

The next day I had a call from him, he wondered why I was asking after him. When I told him he asked if I could make Thursday nights as he's working up our way one day a week. The deal was done. I mentioned all this to another friend who told me he used to sing in a band, and his son, who I also know, is apparently a very good drummer.

We're going to start on a few covers and then start introducing some original songs, eventually aiming to have the covers in our back pockets for occasional playing.

Nice one.. I kinda wish the same would happen for me.. I so miss playing in a band and on a stage.

By the way I tried to PM you yesterday but it wouldnt go through.. You mentioned about PKR.

I will try and message you again with more detail.

Are you getting my messages? Ive been trying to PM you but they wont go through?

Guest farnsbarns

Are you getting my messages? Ive been trying to PM you but they wont go through?

Sorry fella, I've deleted a bunch, could you send again. Cheers

Archived