Gibson Brands Forums

Hardware LP Jimmy Page Number 2 style

Dan_00127810

Hi Guys, I have this project to modify my current Les Paul Studio in the flavour of the Jimmy Page Number 2.

Do you have a clue on where to find these 2 DPDT switches fixed under the Pickguard of the original one? (Could not find them in Gibson HW shop...).

I want to use them to select the "phase/out of phase" as well as the "Parallel/Serie" configuration of the Humbuckers

MAny thanks for your help!

DPDT Switches LPJP2.bmp

Many thanks to you, its a good option to explore. I have two concerns:

1. How hard is it to operate the switches as they will be pushed by a single finger, possibly between 2 guitar phrases?

2. How to fix them under the pickguard? I will probably need a specific metal piece to do so.

Any idea?

How do the original switches used by Gibson look like? How are they mounted. On the body of the guitar or on the pickguard?

I guess Gibson will not reveal the exact switches used in its "Jimmy Page Number 2"!

Of course there is still the option of classic toggle switches which would be fixed within the Potentiometers area by drilling a hole...

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to you, its a good option to explore. I have two concerns:

1. How hard is it to operate the switches as they will be pushed by a single finger, possibly between 2 guitar phrases?

2. How to fix them under the pickguard? I will probably need a specific metal piece to do so.

Any idea?

How do the original switches used by Gibson look like? How are they mounted. On the body of the guitar or on the pickguard?

I guess Gibson will not reveal the exact switches used in its "Jimmy Page Number 2"!

Of course there is still the option of classic toggle switches which would be fixed within the Potentiometers area by drilling a hole...

my advice buy a cheap les paul copy and experiment, personally I would use mini toggles but remember with wiring electronics there is more than 1 way to skin a cat!

the question is do you want to replicate the JP No 2 or just have the same available tonal options?

Archived