Gibson Brands Forums

NAD

kidblast

It arrived yesterday afternoon, (a Musicians Friend Freedom Sale score! that got er down to $254) What a total package of cool this thing is. Really guys these are the BOMB! Loads cool/usable/great sounding goodies. The FUSE editing software which is pretty well laid out, really sweet. It wont replace any of my tube amps, but coolness abounds!

IMG_5068.jpg

I nabbed one on Tuesday for my open mic night thing.

I got tired of dragging around a head, cabinet and pedals to accommodate the varieties of songs I'm "forced" to play.

It's really a cool little amp.

Breaking the speaker in today, to knock that "new" speaker sound off.

Cut hole in shipping box for power, pedal, and instrument cable.

Throw a heavy blanket over the box and CRANK it for about an hour,

Congrats on the new rig.msp_thumbup.gif

I find it interesting that there's obviously a great deal of market among real guitar players for this kind of amp regardless of criticism of anything that ain't tube and pedals.

I don't need one for myself at this point in time, but...

Actually I think Axe hit the nail on the head for a lotta pickers: This kind of amp makes a lot more sense at various times in our pickin' lives than hauling three tons of "stuff" for a relatively low-or-no pay gig and we're more concerned about the haul than if it shows we own enough stuff for a ball park concert.

m

Actually I think Axe hit the nail on the head for a lotta pickers: This kind of amp makes a lot more sense at various times in our pickin' lives than hauling three tons of "stuff" for a relatively low-or-no pay gig and we're more concerned about the haul than if it shows we own enough stuff for a ball park concert.

m

Definitely! I'm not running out and selling my tube amps right, but this is great! Seems once you get your way around the edits, the only signal processor you'd need, is a cable. and by no means a back breaker, it's less than 40lbs.

I have a VOX AD30VT, great innovation for the day, but this is light years advanced.

Axe, thanks for the break in tip, I hadn't thought of that... Say, did you hook it up to a PC yet with the FUSE software? I did that today, -- wicked cool --

Rock on!

/KB

They're great little amps imho. I have the smaller version, but it suits me, and I didn't have to spend a fortune on more FX pedals. I only play at home as well, so the size I have is perfect, and it keeps my wife off my back too for making too much racket, as she calls it lol!

Archived