Gibson Brands Forums

2005 Les Paul Standard Bass

Kelvinator

I was looking around the man cave today, and made some decisions: Time to sell my 2005 LP Std. bass and a couple of other things. I kind of hate to do it, but I just never play the '05 (too afraid of putting a mark on it!). I'll bet I haven't taken it out of the case more than 4 or 5 times since I got it. Oh well......[unsure]

It's listed in the trading post here and I'll probably put it on craigslist, but I just don't know about eBay - the last thing I sold there almost wasn't worth it after all the fees....[cursing]

LPfullbody.jpg

That's a shame to sell that. Nice Ax. I hope you get a what you want out of it.

It is a thing of beauty, but I only use my 3 pup '01 LP, my Double Cut, and once in awhile the Fender Deluxe P. After 20 years, I'm selling my first generation Yamaha TRB-4P as well, but I don't know how much to ask for it. It's a pretty rare one; the few that I've seen have been solid colors.

Piezo bridge, active electronics, 5 piece maple/walnut neck-though, ebony board, bone nut, flame maple top and back - with a thin piece of walnut sandwiched in between, 24 frets, 34" scale. The craftsmanship is amazing. Made in Japan - June 1992.

91TRB-4P.jpg

I don't have the problem of which to keep or sell. My SG Standard is the one and only. I've had Fenders, and G&L. I kept coming back to EB / SG style basses. That's still a great looker you've got there. My Three cents, with inflation, I'd hang on to it. Even if you just feel like playing a couple times, it's there. And it is nice.

I don't have the problem of which to keep or sell. My SG Standard is the one and only. I've had Fenders, and G&L. I kept coming back to EB / SG style basses. That's still a great looker you've got there. My Three cents, with inflation, I'd hang on to it. Even if you just feel like playing a couple times, it's there. And it is nice.

I hear ya, but I have too many basses, and I'm really not a collector. If I didn't have 2 LPs, I'd definitely keep her....... [unsure]

I hear ya, but I have too many basses, and I'm really not a collector. If I didn't have 2 LPs, I'd definitely keep her....... [unsure]

That does make sense.

did ya ever sell this bass? She's a beauty!

Still have it. I'm thinking about eBay, but with with all the fees (including PayPal) they take about 12 - 13%. It's on craigslist in Cleveland right now, but things there disappear down the list so fast, I wonder if anyone has seen it. I don't mind hanging on to it - I just never play it. [unsure]

• 11 months later...

Archived