Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone else catch this?

Buxom

While I'm at it. I had a T509 and a Daytona 955. Great bikes. The Daytona was the best handling road bike I've had. Solid and safe unlike most flighty sports bike. The 509 was great too. Loads of grunt. Do they sell well over the pond?

I always check out thr guitars in commercials. With my digital cable I can rewind what I just saw and watc it in slo=mo, which I did the first time I saw this one. I wanted to be sure they didn't destroy a Gibson.

ditto !!

it became an Epi when the price offset grew to $2000+

It's like the Mission Impossible film with the Triumph bikes. On the beach scene the bikes had road tyres on then as they got onto the sand they had off road tyres on. Dreadful really.

For more fun, have a look at movie/TV shows where a vehicle (car, boat, plane) explodes. Often times if you go frame by frame, you'll see a completely different vehicle in the last frame before the explosion. The eyes usually can't catch that by themselves.

I can understand not smashing a Gibson but why not use an epiphone from the start?

Jeez..........It was meant to be seen as what it was....A Gibson played first, then a smashed Epi shown with the Epi logo CLEARLY shown taped over..........

It has started at least four threads here.........Over and over......." Did you SEE that commercial ????? " [cool] .....Marketing 101..................................

Still, it's annoying, more annoying than a regular commercial like this ****.

Yeah, this one was discussed some time ago. There is NO ONE more annoying than Jimmy Fallon. NBC really kissed the pooch by letting Conan get away.

I pondered whether the props guy brought in the Epi, switched it out with the Gibby before destorying it. Then spirited the Gibson home. No one at the network would be the wiser. [sneaky]

Archived