Gibson Brands Forums

L P Traditional

sheraton

Hi,

Of LP "Standard" vs "Traditional" which has the thicker neck and forgoes the "chambered" body style.

Thanks

The Traditional has the thicker 50s neck and weight relieved vs chambered. However the 2012 Standards are now weight relieved as well.My Traditional Plus weighs in at 10 lbs and 8 oz.

Hi,

Of LP "Standard" vs "Traditional" which has the thicker neck and forgoes the "chambered" body style.

Thanks

Just got my Trad Plus, and it's a 2012 model. It feels a tad lighter than my Studio Joe Bonamassa, but it's still heavy like an LP should be. It has the fat '50's neck, whereas the Standard has the assymetrical neck, and the Trad Pro has the '60's neck, which I believe is a little slimmer.

Unless you get a Custom Shop model, I believe all new LP's are gonna be weight-relieved/chambered.

Hi,

Thanks

Depends of which Standard you're talking about

2008 Standard (build from 08-2008 to around 04-2012) are chambered

The new LP Standard has a ''modern'' weight-relieved body

The LP Trad. has a normal weight relieved body.

(... as you can see, Gibson marketing department is hiring bi-polar folks...) [crying]

Of these 3 guitars, the Traditional has the thicker neck.

Cheers.

I love the Traditional out of all my gibsons my traditional is the dirtiest weighty beast.

but I am a strong beleive in going to the shop and trying before you buy. If your a righty you got no excuse you can try one of each no problems.

I travelled from London to Nurenberg Germany to try out a figured ES-335 in left hand and when I got there I tried another example that was a plain top (but had a better figured top than the figured one) and had a very different sound so i flew back with it [thumbup]

Both can come in a 50's & 60's guise depending on the year and edition

Pre 08 Std came in both 60's & 50's options

08 Std is a 50's with a tapered GBE side

10 Std Ltd is a 60's

12 is a 60's with a tapered neck designed for "Ibanez" speed playing

08 Traditional is a 50's

Traditional Mahogany is a 60's

Traditional 1960 is a 60's

Traditional Pro 50/60's

Traditional Pro P90 50/60's

so ALOT of variantions

Archived