Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
t-boy

Questions

I have some problems with my SCS.1 system.

The mixer just came back from the service, they told me the motherboard was chaged. (it was the all zeros ID issue)

Now the LCD strips have lines and missing pixels.

The firmware updater gives the following error message both the mixer (fw 1.20) and the deck (fw 1.24 or 27, I don't remember):

ERROR: Force-flash entry failed. Upload fails.

ERROR: Bootstrap upload/run failed. Upload fails.

UPDATE FAILED.

Why these things are happening?

Beside that I have lateny issue with the volume level meters (every cahnnel and the master also) but only with Virtual DJ.

It works just fine with Traktor, but I don't like that program.

Also the motorized pitch never remembers the position if I change deck under VDJ (and it works under Traktor again).

Also there is no information about the Stanton + VDJ agreement.... It was told at the NAMM 2012, and there was a photo also of the upcoming skin.

but since than there is silence about it. With that skin can I program the LCD strips of the units easily for custom cue names for each tracks and so?

And the last questions:

Will be there any improoving of this great system?

Firmware update, Pitch resolution to 10 bit, and is there any chance to have variable speed of the platter when I use VDJ?

THX

T-Boy

post-42793-074714600 1338836626_thumb.jpg

The mixer just came back from the service, they told me the motherboard was chaged. (it was the all zeros ID issue)

The firmware updater gives the following error message both the mixer (fw 1.20) and the deck (fw 1.24 or 27, I don't remember):

UPDATE FAILED.

Beside that I have lateny issue with the volume level meters (every cahnnel and the master also) but only with Virtual DJ.

Also the motorized pitch never remembers the position if I change deck under VDJ (and it works under Traktor again).

Also there is no information about the Stanton + VDJ agreement.... It was told at the NAMM 2012, and there was a photo also of the upcoming skin.

but since than there is silence about it. With that skin can I program the LCD strips of the units easily for custom cue names for each tracks and so?

And the last questions:

Firmware update, Pitch resolution to 10 bit, and is there any chance to have variable speed of the platter when I use VDJ?

THX

T-Boy

How can I get the mapper for VDJ to use my SCS system?

I just wonder why nobody from the team members gives any reply?

At least in private!

How is it possible that I can't update the FW of the units? (I could do it before, now I can't! What could be the problem?)

How comes the fact that Gibson purchased Stanton and NOTHING changed about the support? No upgrades, no new information, still almost dead forum and so on!

Come on guys, this is why a forum exists! Or simply close the thing and than everyone will call you directly!

Will be there any update or VDJ boundle in the summer?

Will the LE version supports 3 touch screens and will be there a skin for this kind of setup (1 display for the right deck, one for the mixer/broser/load tracks and one display for the left deck)

Can I switch the "active" deck by pushing the cue button on the mixer (under the line faders)? It would be more easy than pushing buttons on the deck(s) and on the mixer too. And I could avoid to load a new track on one of the "active" channel/deck.

Will anyone gives a reply for the questions I made?

THX

UPDATE FAILED.

And the last questions:

THX

T-Boy

Hi,

There is one of your points that I might be able to help with. I just got VDJ, partly because I couldn't get anything else to work and the pitch slider was not moving when returning to a previous deck.

Apparently if you go to Config - options and disable 'pitch reset on load' and then it works again. I'll be trying this tonight but on the VDJ forum it seems as if it's a known thing.

By the way... What version of Traktor have yo used with the scs1 and did the platter work properly? I tried the current one and everything was fine other than when I try to scratch or just release the platter and in Traktor 2.0.3 every time I go to scratch or pause the track by holding the vinyl it makes the pitch fader move all the way to the minus and slow the track right down, consequently I can't let go of the vinyl in time wit the over track as it has to move the pitch control back to where it was.

Native Instruments told me they can't help me, even though it was a pre-sales enquiry!

I hope I've been of some help, good luck in sorting out you other issues but the missing pixels issue sounds like you need to speak to whoever did the service.

Regards,

Stu

I used the Traktor 2.0.1, and it was fine

2.0.3 was doing the same thing (fader move), but the

2.5 is running perfect again.

My problem I don't like the Traktor, and VDJ supports video mixing, DMX control, cusomizable skin and other good things.

But as I see on VDJ forums, the pitch slider (stanton SCS-1D) have a long tread.

But those pixel errors looks like common problem and Stanton is responsible for that. I think it is not a planned feature for a 'Flagship of Controlers' to get pixel errors. And specially not in a case like mine.

I sent the SCS.1m to get repaired the 'all zeros' (again not so nice) common error, they changed the complet PCB (that means it get a new serial number, and about 90% of the electronics was changed) and then the unit returns with pixel errors on the LCD strips.

I say 'come on', that was a brand new motherboard, how the hell it could happen?

And after not so long use, the SCS.1d's middle part (where the vinyl connects, and which send the MIDI-signal) is moving about 2 milimeters (not a good feeling when you want to scratch), the pitch slider is bending 2-3 degreed to the sides. And I have 5/8 LCD stips problem on that unit also. Not one, not two, but FIVE!!!! What??

Is this a 'Flagsip' or a Titanic of controller?

Other than these I like the idea, and it could be really useful to have 2 units and a mixer instead of 4 (or 8 ) turntables with skipping needle, weak motor, and without the buttons and orientation I want.

But if it goes like this, I will buy (4) 1210's again, and Novation Dicer(s), and (4) Korg Nano Pad 2's and so on and will break my back one more time to carry all the equipment I need.

But the reliability is the first in my point of view. I can't afford any hardware errors during a gig or a tour. And many DJ's thinks the same.

That's why the 1200's became standard in the industry and no other player could chellenge them. Even if they were more powerful, modern, more options (like wider pitch range and so) The 1200's are indestructable. That is the strongest part of them: reliability.

This what Stanton should follow!