Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall JTM-1 demo video

surfpup

So I finally got a chance to make a little demo video of the 50th Anniversary

Marshall JTM-1 head that I bought a month or so ago. I was home with a sick

kid today, so I recorded it on the 1/10th of a watt setting during nap time.

At this volume you can talk over it quite easily and it doesn't wake babies!

I used a few different guitars - though I realized after I was done that I

didn't use any Fenders. #-o Oh well, it is a Gibson forum after all! [thumbup]

I had no time to fix any boo boos so it's warts and all. Hoping to do another

vid at the full 1 watt volume soon.

So I finally got a chance to make a little demo video of the 50th Anniversary

Marshall JTM-1 head that I bought a month or so ago. I was home with a sick

kid today, so I recorded it on the 1/10th of a watt setting during nap time.

At this volume you can talk over it quite easily and it doesn't wake babies!

I used a few different guitars - though I realized after I was done that I

didn't use any Fenders. #-o Oh well, it is a Gibson forum after all! [thumbup]

I had no time to fix any boo boos so it's warts and all. Hoping to do another

vid at the full 1 watt volume soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kg7TYNXFzU

Great....sounds better than I expected at 0.1w... can't wait to see part 2.

Wow.......nice!!! I haven't played through one yet, thinking that it will sound similar to the Class 5, but from your video, it sounds very different....in a very good way. Now you got me gassing for this amp. How much are they going for now?

Thanks, I actually sold my Class 5 to a buddy in the check out line when I was buying this little beast. They are $750 (ouch). I got this one for $700. Still ouch but it kills the Class 5 for tone, IMHO. Next they are doing the JMP-1 version and I know I will have to have one of those too.

Wow, that lil'baby JTM sounds pretty good! Yeah, I want very much the JMP and the JCM really bad, esp the lil'JCM. [thumbup]

Yeah, those are the three I want. I think each one adds an extra gain stage. Based on the gain of this little JTM I be the JMP and JCM really scream!

Yes, very nice indeed.

What cabinet are you using?

Loved the tone.

Nice job.

Thanks, Cali. It was running through an Avatar 2-12 with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a G12H30 (The orange covered one that I use for my Uber Champ head as well). It sounds much fuller on the one watt setting too.

Sounds sweet with that new SG =D>

Thanks - the P90s are taking some getting used to. It's funny, you can throw a different neck profile at me and I don't bat an eye, but the P90 is a different beast for sure. I also have not set the intonation on the SG and I think the stock set up is (as usual) a bit lacking. But I am liking the new SG over all.

It seems as if, perhaps, you've been practicing....

[lol] Good one, ChanMan! [lol] With a 2.5 year old I'm lucky to pick it up to play once a week for a few minutes. Hoping to log some more playing time with summer coming up though.

Not to derail.

But I've tried to do a demo of the YJM and the AFD, but I don't have the proper recording equipment to do it justice at volume where hey both shine.

I tried with the ETA turned way back it sounded good but not as good as 50% and up where the speakers are woofing as well as the tubes pushing.

Not to derail.

But I've tried to do a demo of the YJM and the AFD, but I don't have the proper recording equipment to do it justice at volume where hey both shine.

I tried with the ETA turned way back it sounded good but not as good as 50% and up where the speakers are woofing as well as the tubes pushing.

Yeah, it is much harder to record a big, loud amp IMO. You should get one of the little Samson Go Mics. They are only like $60 and they have a switchable pad for recording loud stuff. Plug straight into the USB and launch any old recording software and you are good to go. I've taken my laptop and the GoMic to record stuff for friends - easy and effective.

Archived