Gibson Brands Forums

Burstbucker or Dirtyfingers?

ginter

Ok so I want to get some new pickups for my Les Paul, I need some opinions on the Dirtyfingers pickups and the Burstbucker pickups. Also what would be a nice fit to go on the bridge with the dirtyfingers on the neck?

Good point. Well in that case I should go with the dirtyfingers because I am looking for a punky blink sound. So then, what would go nicely on the bridge if I put a dirtyfingers on the neck?

Hmm alright thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna order the dirty fingers and probably pick up the BB at GC.

What advantage is there in having duel dirty fingers though?

I would actually go with the DF on the bridge and the BB on the neck. DF are screamers! I think they are great for loud lead guitar playing. Putting the BB on the neck will give you a good blues (softer) tone as an alternative.

I would actually go with the DF on the bridge and the BB on the neck. DF are screamers! I think they are great for loud lead guitar playing. Putting the BB on the neck will give you a good blues (softer) tone as an alternative.

I agree as well. I also think the DFs have a very pristine clean depending on the amp you run through

Archived